Fishing 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful bass! The best of both worlds, getting a workout on the PB and catching lunker largemouths. You fishing a whacky worm?

yes..wacky rigged watermelon creme senko. unweighted

let it sink slow with occasional twitch. Bass destroyed it in 5' of water.

that was a test run for my redneck cooler mount set up. Hope for some redfish sleigh rides here soon.

those are sea to summit bungee leashes. I highly recommend. I think they are intended for the paddle but work great for rods too

how deep was it there? can you dive down and get them? Or maybe snag em with grappling hook?

19 bucks.

Also, you can take a pool noodle and cut it up, put a small piece around a rod not in action. should float them

It was only about 10 feet. I tried to dive down but I was just grabbing in the dark. Murky water.

I used to have a weighted paddle fish hook around but could not find it.

Good idea about the noodle. We have some old ones at the ambulance barn that I bet I could use. They get retired when they get too ratty.

yes..wacky rigged watermelon creme senko. unweighted

let it sink slow with occasional twitch. Bass destroyed it in 5' of water.

that was a test run for my redneck cooler mount set up. Hope for some redfish sleigh rides here soon.
Deadly rig alright. Been doing the redfish, tripletail, speckled trout thing out of the kayak for a few years and it's a blast. Where do you chase redfish?

Fine bass Bob, 6-7 pounder?

Nice fish Bob....that aint 4 lbs

CPR fishing for those......catch...photo...release

probably tastes funky like a farm pond

eat the redfish though!

i like you guys better in this thread....

we seem to have the same artiFISHle intelligence.

We've got them here too, a couple lakes close by. People here eat just about anything domestic that has fins or moves about on four legs, but oddly, Bass isn't something I have ever seen on a table.

I will eat almost anything. Even tried to catch a frog the other day while loading up the trailer.

Funny though, when folks list favorite table fish up here, trout and bass are not on the list usually.

Perch and Walleye are at the top.

A lot of folks have been mesmerized into following the catch and release mantra for bass and I fell into that trance for a while. Then I woke up hungry and it was on! Seriously, I never kill a big bass but those four pounds or less are definite candidates for dinner plates. Bass from clean water are delicious!

Back