New TreeCareLA HQ- SO EXCITED!!!

NickfromWI

King of Splices
The most exciting news!!!

So TreeCareLA has been in business for going on 6 years. We run a 4-5 man crew out of a 2 car garage. All our equipment is packed against the wall because we keep 2 cars in there every day. Chipper truck, pick up and employee cars get parked in the street in front of my neighbors' home each day

So for the past 2-3 years I have been putting increasingly more and more time looking for a place to be the TreeCareLA HQ. Really all we need is a plot of land maybe 60x60 (80x80 preferred) and I'd drop a shipping container for equipment storage and then build a huge fence.

It was a nightmare. I followed leads on hundreds of properties. I learned a lot about commercial real estate. I learned that banks don't loan money to small business for them to buy real estate. I learned that people in LA hold properties and want them vacant for future fat sales to developers. I learned that most of LA is off limits because of zoning requirements.

Well last Friday I found a place. A warehouse next door to the green waste center we go to almost every day. Did some research to find the owner and it turned out the guy that owns it has been my go-to mechanic for about 8 years now. We talk business all the time. He knows me by name - which is saying a lot in LA.

I called him up and asked. He said sure- let's take a look. We talked logistics and monthly prices. We did the thing where we both write a price down on a sheet of paper then we switched. There was a $1,000 difference so we met in the middle.

He gave me the key on the spot. We move in on the first.

Gentlemen I present to you the soon to be new TreeCareLA HQ. If you need to find us, we'll be on Florence next to the dump!
f57ec27b41a3a838bca391262d3d37a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an awesome place...puts 80x80 to shame. You'll have fun setting that place up. This will be fun to watch, Mr. Nick!

Congratulations, Nick!

Perfect location, next to the dump that you're already using daily. Lots of room. You'll save money from efficiency, even if you pay money in rent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. Super excited! It needs some polishing up. Owners gotta move some vehicles. I'm gonna tear out some crummy drywall and just have bare studs. Need to build a staircase to our future conference table. Whole list of things. It's gonna be a blast to watch it come to life!

Conference table for morning meetings is gonna go up top on that upper deck. Maybe we'll put some railings!
f78ecba2f4e94ab2b78a037b42bf5b2a.jpg

Nice wide entrance. Super busy street outside- but this is LA. we're used to it.
fc26a0ab319703122cb2d5722cbb06c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be pouring out of there like Ghostbusters!

I've actually got a bit of an infrastructure thing going on myself today. I'll post some pics later.

Rock on, Nick! Going from a 2 car garage and parking on the street to being able to have everything indoors plus a studio office will rock! How many square feet do you have?

I don't know the area, but I would suggest investing in a security system and give the key holding employees their own code so you can track who comes in and out.

I hope you are dry inside and working on that shop. Crazy weather bro. Should be flooded streets all over LA. Probably mud slides too. We'll probably see more levees break and dam crisis here today. Be careful out there.

Congrats Nick, Karina, and TreeCareLA!

...and I guess that is where the new guest housing will be set up for when you need a few date palms pruned? ;)

oh, and do you get to keep that lift in the back left corner for working on your vehicles?

Same situation at our office years ago. Here is what I did.

Attachments

• 20170217_111552.jpg
    20170217_111552.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 20170217_110938.jpg
    20170217_110938.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 61
Back