New TreeCareLA HQ- SO EXCITED!!!

Pretty cool the way it all worked out, Nick- you searching and searching, learning and learning, and then bingo.

There's a saying that goes: frequently, when you really need something, it actually is already there, right under your nose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or no stairs either everybody needs to SRT up to the loft as part of a pre work warm up.

Nice find Nick!

I'm gonna have a spiral staircase installed, but might as well hang a rope next to it so people can footlock up to the Monday morning meeting!

The whole place is 7,000sf. There is approx 400 sf in the back back where the owner has to store a couple old project cars. If we need the space I'll just buy the cars off him or pay to put them in storage.

Yes pat, we get to keep the lift! Pretty stoked about that!

I'm not sure if there's a way to put a key code. Each of the employees will have a clicker to open the front roll-up door. They will be able to come and go whenever.

But we will be putting in a bunch of cameras. Right now I'm thinking about NestCam.

Oh- there's also a forklift in there! He said if we keep putting gas in it, we can use it!

He also said we can use this massive stake bed truck that has a side-mounted lift gate and has like a 16 ft dump bed in it. Pretty sure I'm gonna end up buying that off him! You can see it in the pic off too the right.

But yeah- it seems too good to be true that's for sure! I'll be stoked when march 1st comes and we're actually moving our stuff in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet deal!! Wish I wasn't on the opposite coast. We'd have a couple very large, nice lathes in there.
I have my eye on a WoodMiser that has been under tarps for about five years; doesn't look like they are using it.
You have room in a space like that to do some milling... hmmm.

Also, standard rollup door 'clickers' can be hacked easily, unless they use a rolling code system:

"Garage door systems aren’t much use if they can be opened easily with a *hacked child’s toy. Unfortunately, however, many garage door openers are vulnerable.
Garage doors that use an insecure “fixed code” system can be easily opened. Black hat hackers create (*from a simple Mattel toy) a device which can try every possible combination for those garage doors in seconds.
Garage doors that don’t use a “fixed code” wireless transmission but instead use a “rolling code” aren’t vulnerable to this attack.
If you want to secure your garage, you’ll have to change the opener, which costs between $150 and $250 but should be a relatively easy DIY project."

I'm gonna have a spiral staircase installed, but might as well hang a rope next to it so people can footlock up to the Monday morning meeting!

Do it!!! This is how I access a part of my warehouse that is far away from the stairs...tedious to use the stairs and navigate HVAC and low beams to get to this part of the warehouse. Probably not osha approved.:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_B_LD-SGY7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back