Check out this property!!!

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-tas-cuckoo-7856002

Check out this amazing property in Tasmania...absolutely perfect for an arborist!
This is a friend of mine, he has planted all of the trees himself it's virtually an arboretum, all the trees are catalogued and labelled.

Year round dam, stocked with trout, used for irrigation.
Fabulous veggie garden and orchard all organic.

Plenty of shed space and garage space
Separate self contained unit on the side

Surrounded by 12 acres of native forest reserve, plenty of firewood to be cut!!

Any Aussies...pass it on mates!

“Cockatoo Hill” Tonganah Rd, Cockoo, N. E. Tas – 10.8acres - $545,000

Just the name of the place is cool! Only half a million.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's half a mill Australian...

The property is fabulous, we have housesat there several times. He had a small pine plantation when we first met, got to help them fell it for processing, then he replanted with larch. I've also done a bit of tree removals for them, things that got a bit too big close to the house, got paid once in organic meat, mince, steak...yummm.
Owner is ex-forestry the missus a teacher, retired now, they want to move on. they've been there 30 years, built the house, planted the gardens. What people can do with a plot of land and some determination is awesome.

I had a friend from Tasmania, a real independent, creative, and interesting guy, became an artist blacksmith among other things. He sailed his boat all over before I had met him. From knowing him and what he had said about Tasmania, it always seemed like a real cool place. Eventually he moved back there after living in the states and becoming famous for designing and teaching about wood fired bread baking ovens. He went around giving seminars, it became his mission. He put out a book on it. Alan Scott was his name, and I believe his family, the Scotts, are quite well known in Tasmania. Alan passed away a few years back, a great loss for his many friends and a great number of people that he inspired.

Looks like just the place that I want to live in. The gardens already done and the plentiful supply of exotic deadwood to use for woodworking. sad that I don't have the 545K to get it :(

Indeed!

Haha, funny Willie, you need that access to the Bermuda Triangle that I have...:/:

You see the dam, it is full of water all year, there is a creek feeding into it, and all the surrounding watershed. I spoke to George today and asked him how he went in the floods. He's got some boards down at the far end where the creek runs out, when there is excess rain he just takes out a few boards and allows the water to run on through. It has platypus in the dam too.

Wood stove for heating
Combustion oven for hot water and some cooking, gas for regular stove/oven.

that's the current price...

Jay, the Scotts in Tasmania...my hubby's nephew is married to a Scott who's family came from here originally, probably a relation

Indeed!

Haha, funny Willie, you need that access to the Bermuda Triangle that I have...:/:

That's how you travel?!
I see Hawaii about half way there, I'd likely get a flat tire and never leave there 😍

You all think the Bermuda Triangle stories are guff?? I can't say too much, state secrets and all that :/:

Back