Did a dumb thing today...

As a newbie sawyer, I was cutting invasive salt-cedar/ tamarisk, dropping it wherever. The tree had a definite lean over a little creek. Somehow I got my bar partway through the hinge, from a bad cutting position. When the tree tipped, it levered the bar down over the edge of the stump, powerhead and me up, wanting to pull us both into the creek, but just barely help up.

That was the one creek running through Mesquite, NV, in the Mohave desert,as best I recall... the only water of any size in the area, 99.99% dry land.
Now I am just under a creek, time to time, it seems.

That's funny, Sean... I dun work in New Mexico, myself.

Jomo: That was a crazy link, brother. All ya gotta do's tote around a little compressor, I guess. He, hehe, HEEE.

An air powered chainsaw could be handy near the chipper.
Well, maybe not, with the hose sneaking in the limbs.

Sooo... I dropped a 660 into a pool once, on a crane job... On my second day on the job... In front of the home owner... Who was in the pool... Funny story really.

Nah its a bit of a long story and if you read the whole thing you would just have questions about the hot half naked brunette and the owner of the company going to the ER. It really isn't worth it.

I feel your pain about losing glasses. Had a brand new pair of maui jims (about 300) on, and was taking my sailboat out on the river for maybe the third time. Had no sailing experience, wind was high, we figured that would just make us go faster. I'm an idiot lol. Got the sails up, and sure enough, boat took off. Then it was time to tack, put the tiller over, boat almost made it but wind caught the headsail, and here comes the boom going back to where it was. Right in between the eyes, nosepiece was plastic, they go right in the drink. Small cut, and one super cool catfish got new shades.

Hello Butch, thank you for the awesome forum that i have been lurking on for years now. I'm Kyle.

haha, Tree-Kyle...with a story like that you are gonna fit in just fine. Especially where you can laugh at yourself. Good imagery.

fish.jpg

Back