This guy has a great website

+1 on that boss. A guy that's not afraid to get out of the boom seems to be the ticket. I can be a productive climber and a productive bucket baby. Climber days I don't give the chance to help out on brush if the guys get backed up. I do al lot of both. More climbing on my work but the PO gladly pays for it. Did a job yesterday that four company's claimed needed a bucket. Climbed my ass of for four hours and two hours of cleanup and put a good sum in my bank account. Lots of understory to miss but I could guarantee that I wouldn't crush the septic tank doing it. Also they mowed the lawn right after and noticed no lawn damage.

Well kept place. Grass wasn't overly long. Backpack blower is a lifesaver.and when they mow directly after there is no sign I was there except a tree or two is missing. Kinda nice.

^
I always wonder how much sawdust is too much to leave behind, don't tell me everyone here takes every last particle- like those companies that claim to leave the property better than before they came :lol:

100% Sean, the day Levi is told "I used the other guys as they own a chipper " is the day he will take it down I suppose.
My website says we have a forestry mower, all terrain excavator with mulcher and four different stump grinders. I don't feel bad as I have access to the equipment so if the job requires it then i will bring it around. Its actually non of their business what is owned etc, even the biggest property developers don't own a crane, why the frig should it matter whether a tree co owns iron or hires it in?
/rant over

Its easy to drag a tarp around to catch the bulk of saw chips once it down to ground bucking. The rest blows away reasonably well. I love forested areas nearby, dump the rocky rakings in the brush, and lots of saw chips.

One ms660 tank of bucking produced probably 25+ pounds of saw chips. Bigger logs concentrate the mess, making it worse.

Just thought I'd mention for anyone who doesn't know's benefit. Those sites are good looking, but need a good bit more work done to them on the technical side.

Most website visitors now days are going to our sites on mobile devices, so the search engines rank sites that are good on mobile devices higher than ones that aren't.

Something to keep in mind if your business is like mine and gets most of it's new customers from the search engines.

You can check out what Google thinks of your site at: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Making a great looking website is nice. Getting lots of traffic to it is even better. We recently spent a good bit of time on our site, getting it up to "good" so we get more mobile traffic, seems to have increased our quote requests by about 20% so far.

Just my two cents. :)

Not surprisingly, mine was at 51/100----poor.

What does one do with the suggestions given?

I don't think I get much business from Google, thankfully (I have more repeat and referral business, along with drive-by new customers). If/ when I expand, I will need to get a professionally designed website, I think.

I wonder if I should just buy a non-cdl forestry-package bucket/ chip truck. It would be useful at times, and my F-ing shoulder has been bothering me.

I did just spend two days using a trailer behind a flatbed trailer to back down a steep hill, through a tight gate. I couldn't have used a dump trailer without double-teaming the truck/ dump trailer out of there, as I had enough traction with 2500 pounds less trailer. Still shopping for a dump trailer for all those other times.

My market has a lot of steep, tight area. I double-teamed my chipper down a driveway that I've slid down before. It was unnecessary back-up this time, but...
Also, time for (overdue) trailer brakes on the 4400 pound chipper.

Back