Following convoluted, in-depth discussions

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I find that because I am acquainted with people on here, I can more easily track some of the discussions, even when I'm not actively posting.

Particularly, for new members/ lurkers and people who don't have English as their primary language, as well as the people that have been around a while or forever, I think that unless you're directly quoting someone, or following the last post with a comment, it would help in a lot of situations to address a person by name.

In the "The Donald" Thread, this misunderstanding, if you will, just happened, and was cleared up, readily.

FWIW.

This is kind of a mental spin-off of addressing someone by name as a start at work, particularly when there are multiple people on Senas.

Its funny that at preschool they actually taught this to kids, and actively practiced it.

People are so 'guilty' of saying whatever they want without seeing if they have someone's attention. People often will address people at the end of the thought that they have "Would you get me the rake from the truck please, John?

versus

"John?"
"Yes/ What?"
"Would you please get me the rake from the truck?"

How many times does that result in repeating one's self?

$0.02
Getting stir crazy. Sick at home with a sick kid.
Its good to have adult interaction, if only on the interwebz.:|:

I think we should have voice changers for senas, Mickey Mouse, Batman, Donald duck, Donald Trump, you get the idea.
Then at least you know immediately who's talking. I get the Batman voice. Just sayin'

Good idea!

Cant be that difficult to do

Danny Devito? So that's how it's going to be eh Sean? I'm triggered that you picked one of my enemies : p

I thought he meant Burgess Meredith

Back