I THINK IT JUST HAPPENED!

For the moment anyway, embedded vids are back up and operational for me...who knows why, 'cause I haven't changed anything since yesterday.

Login still is whack, but that's been so for several years now, usually but not always. I have a fairly simple workaround for that problem.

Einstein said that If you delete your cookies you'll need to log in again with name and password.

Just wondering, Burnham, did you try and do what I or that vid suggested regarding clearing out your cache?

HA! Success I think!

On Chrome: Settings, Advanced Settings, turned off "do not track".

Now I don't get thrown back to a day or three ago when I look at a thread. Also the "new posts" button works again. so far everything normal...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
puOOmm2.gif

Einstein said that If you delete your cookies you'll need to log in again with name and password.

Just wondering, Burnham, did you try and do what I or that vid suggested regarding clearing out your cache?

Yes, of course. Restart, login, etc.

No, I did not Jay...since at that point I could not view any embedded vids...hard to do what a dead black rectangle says to do, ya know :).

I'm as far from a computer wizard as there can be...but my gut tells me there is more to this than meets the eye. I am generally not a paranoid sort, but...

I never allow my passwords to be held by a website. I never stay logged on to a website after visiting. Are you shittin' me?? If you do that sort of foolishness, you are asking for hacker trouble.

Just sittin' there for days with my password and user name hanging out for any hacker worth his salt to grab?

Not me.

Back