advice on falling downhill, no rope

Height of the pull from the hinge as pivot X force = potential
sine is used for the amount of that potential achieved at an angle
>>sine of 90degrees; full pependicular is 1>> so would get full potential of pull X height (from hinge)
>>sine of 60degrees; is .8660 so would get that (86.6)% of the full potential height X pull
If slow hinging/pulling, can get in situation as comes forward, less angle /force of pull, as rotation has decreased your angle/sine on line of pull.
i think if pull from below center of gravity of tree; can tend to leave center of gravity behind to try to sit straight down(rather than rotate);
as you are like trying to pull a section of tree out from under the center of balance (in model)
>>rather than line properly higher, taking leverage over tree's center of balance, causing rotation on hinge rather than straight pull across(?)
>>(?)theory gets fuzzy, hard to see at edges; but i think that is what i see!
edit: found this in stash but is Flash>>which has been 'blackballed", not chrome friendly, firefox questions it, ie seems most friendly at this point
(browser wars of the 90's still going on!)
i made this for the tree leverage of lean as it stands, calcs leverage by height of center of gravity and angle of lean.
To calc rope forces on same tree device, enter angle of rope as lean, input pull for weight of tree, input height of rope from hinge for C.o.G. height
>> click calculate: http://mytreelessons.com/lean_leverage.swf

Thanx for that info Treesyder. Since a seatbelt is PPE, I think maybe you should be using a double lock/ triple action carabiner! You wouldn't want to get a ticket if you are pulled over by police.

Back