Marketing/winter work

Anyone have a company instagram? Seems like a way to get in touch with folks without making them feel bombarded.

I just made an account today, I have some custys who do specialized work that swear by it. I wanted to avoid hashtags, but I couldn't....

One thing that's worked for me in my locale is the Google Adwords. I know, basic, basic. But if you have a website look into it. It's been cheap for me. So when I started my chimney business I noticed none of my comp advertises at all. So now by even having a very modest ad campaign with AdWords. I am the business/website that comes up if you google anything chimney related in my locale. So literally you google abc chimney sweep and if you're within 35km of me Coldstream Chimney Service is top result. It's crazily customizable for what you want to spend and what type of searches you want to appear in the results of. Very simple to use, it's an app on my iPad.

So, do you deal with google directly to use adwords? Or is there a "contractor" that does all that stuff for you??

Thanks

Straight up with Google. No middleman. I run it all from my iPad. If you're a apple user, check out the AdWords app in the AppStore. It's free. You only pay when you go live with it and then you only pay for actual clicks or calls you receive. And there are free promo codes for when you sign up. I think I got like $127 or so credit from a promo. Which covered off My first two or three months. I have set a $150/month max(which is their minimum I think they will allow you to choose cdn) and it's working out to about $50/month actual charge. Because you only pay when people click through the ad, not when it's just displayed.

Yes, that's how we do it, AdWords express, there may be a difference. It works quite well, I like how it puts adds on other sites too. YouTube, Facebook and others :thumbup:

It's been a giant windfall for my chimney business. None of my comp pays for any online advertising. Google them, my ad shows up top result.

Hell yes! I think adwords is the best bang for your buck by a long shot, it can also help drive traffic to your website which is huge.

Is my well established competitor. If you aren't within 40km of me you shouldn't get my ad. So you'd probably have a harder time finding me. I'm Coldstream Chimney Service. Check it out.

Nice website, Justin! I dig your truck setup as well, kickin ass:rockhard:

Thanks Levi. It was all really cheap. E-host website it was like $100 for three years or hosting and I 'built' the site in an afternoon with one of their templates.

Still got a bunch of work to do on it. I want to,get some pics of myself on there. But don't want to scare anyone off.

IMG_1134.JPG

Yah weird how that is. Looks right side up on my iPad too? I'm convinced it's something to do with being left handed. How I hold the device?......orrrrr something?

I am considering buying a Snowthrower ... Don't want to Plow Snow anyways. Do my place and a few others in the neighborhood for Winter work. When we get big snow I do roofs but not until it builds up.

Heck I'm considering going to visit bermy or V for the entire winter next year. The young guy on my crew says we should go to New Zealand. Sounds better every day.

Back