This used to be a tree workers forum.

Still is I say!, without the knockdowns like another site. Balance more towards experienced Treeworkers , Knot threads pop up just once in awhile. Lot's of people learning from others here still. Probably just the U.S. politics bringing you down Mick.I have said before... being mostly self taught while Ger was still working on the book , I could only have dreamed of "Fundamentals" or the resources and camaraderie at this House.

5 threads on Trump, it is a highly unusual situation.

Things have been heading that way for awhile. America is such a decadent society, even acclaimed and honored athletes fresh from the olympics are making provocative poses in magazines. It's anything goes. Hard to focus just on work.

I'm trying to get tree work done, but with christmas bills people have they are not able to get the work done they want. With the death of my parent's friend I have a huge learning curve on executorship. A good filler for me in this slow time, depending on what I can get for executor fees.

I like talking politics with tree people because i know that even if they have bizarre political beleifs, they are still my people and my family. We are inherently closer to eachother than I am to most anybody else.

When i visit site and see rotator it hits me often this is a life of tree climber/worker site w/wives,kids, food , screwing around etc.
i kinda was gonna run with Rope-Logic as a site/page etc. until Nick announced same.
Then went with Rope-n-Saw Life;
that's when it really hit me this site has more of the flavour of the life, work and play of tree bro's more than the rest!

So start some "tree worker" threads, Mick.

This is a tree worker's lounge. We talk about whatever we want to talk about.

Yeah, if it's any barometer, the world's gone mad.

Interesting concept, the TH as world barometer!

I like talking politics with tree people because i know that even if they have bizarre political beleifs, they are still my people and my family. We are inherently closer to eachother than I am to most anybody else.

:thumbup:

FFZ , I don't capiche that emojee?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So start some "tree worker" threads, Mick.

This is a tree worker's lounge. We talk about whatever we want to talk about.

Thought you'd get the hump.

Just pointing out that you looked at the activity stream there's precious little tree talk and all politics ATM.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't think Jim that I've an issue with you or other peeps not in the biz coming in, not that at all.

This is typically a very slow time of the year for the forum it seems. Less work in the dead of winter for most and you top that off with trumps election. You've set the stage for the political sub-forum to take over.

Winter time for a lot of folks, must slow the work down a bit.

Sure, there has been a lot of political talk, just as there was some talk about Brexit afterwards. Looks like things are heating up in France and other parts of Europe too.

Neat thing about this place is that I have argued with the best of them, most of the time my opponents getting weary of discussion.

Very few personal attacks, like the kind you see in other places when folks disagree. I would still welcome any of you into my home to break bread and drink some cheap beer.

Back