Fall Arrest Harnesses

sotc

Dormant hero!!
Looking to replace our old bucket harnesses but tired of ill fitting and nuisances. What do you use that you like? What size and how do they fit? Pros and cons?

I know its not what you asked but,
I fined myself wearing my climbing sadle,because them harness always suck
And if I have to hop out to make a cut or two I'm ready to go

We use a harness that I used for tower work made by Sala, Exofit Crossover. I think it is. It's comfy to hang in as well as a work positioning harness.

I have been using my Tree Austria for when I have done bucket work, which is few and far between circumstances. I will continue that trend of wearing a harness that is rated for fall arrest. I find I like being able to just leave the bucket is important to me. Often I will just use the bucket on 2/3 -3/4 of a tree and set a TIP and finish the tree on rope. But that is just me. I just feel it is faster than another set up. Might just be how th I ngs are laid out up here. Often times, moving the bucket is not a viable option due to terrain or access.
Just my .02 Willie. I use one so little, I am probably the last one that even chime in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've got the cheap one so I'm no help.
:D
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=15875

Willie, we have been using this harness for the last year and we really like it. I like that you can put it on like a vest with no need to step through. It is also only take a couple seconds to adjust it, which is really helpful if multiple people are going to use it.
Thanks Fred, that looks nice, I'll research it tonight! Large fit well for an average 6 foot guy? Or what size do you have and how's the fit?
Yeah, I did Dave, haven't used a belt in a decade other than a saddle when I know I have to climb out. That could be a thread by itself discussing how to stay legit.
We use a harness that I used for tower work made by Sala, Exofit Crossover. I think it is. It's comfy to hang in as well as a work positioning harness.
I'll look those up, thank you.

Just be sure when you purchase one it is equipped to handle suspension trauma. We use Sala Exofit brand also.

That does look sweet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CzbRxbe3IzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Petzl looks nice too but I'm leaning towards this exofit

I think the one I sent Butch a couple or years ago was MSA. It's a pain in the azz to get on but it works .I think I have three myself at the present time .I have a long torso so it takes a largersize to fit me ,Any thing shorter I tend to sing in a higher note .

:D

Thanks Fred, that looks nice, I'll research it tonight! Large fit well for an average 6 foot guy? Or what size do you have and how's the fit?

Yeah, I did Dave, haven't used a belt in a decade other than a saddle when I know I have to climb out. That could be a thread by itself discussing how to stay legit.

I'll look those up, thank you.

Yep, large fits well. We have a Sala Exofit too (not the Nex) that we used prior to the Petzl. The stitching started falling apart on portions of the webbing. This was not webbing that was part of the life support.

Haven't tried them on yet but they do look comfy. Safety meeting Monday

Back