Bandit 280 HD

Holy Shit!!!!!!

Sweeet!

Why did you go with disc over drum, is disc better with palms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cory, we have found the disc is very good with palm fronds.

The engine is a Perkins 225 hp; there was an upgrade to a Cummins that was just out of reach for us.

Our colors are Black and Yellow, but this is the first one painted black. The decals in yellow look good though.

I have a perkins 170 hp tier 3, it is a phenomenal engine- plenty of power and ridiculously good on fuel. Something tells me your 225 hp will be good.

I have a cummins too- good engine but chugs down fuel at an unbelievable rate.

Black looks sweet.

It's gonna be fun backing into tight driveways, ;)

You mean because of the dual axles?

Nah, that would be cake, its no wider than the towing truck I'm sure. The double axles may scuff some but but meh.

And it's a lil longer than a smaller chipper, but, nah.

that chipper is plain sexy, gotta say.

Any thoughts on the black color, other than it looks bad ass, in all that hot FL sun?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so, here is the scoop, they are building us a new one. I guess you could buy this one if you don't chip palm fronds. We have had it since January and only put 400 Hours on it. Darn shame. Thing just did not chip palm fronds like Bandit and John thought it would.

Bandit is a great machine but this one does not do what we need it to do and that is chip palm fronds. For the most part, this chipper has sat in the yard, all during the hurricane Irma clean up, it sat.

Currently, we are using our old Bandit, and I mean old. 2006 with a million hours on it. Cranks up everyday and goobles up the fronds. So, we will either turn this one in on the new one or I guess we could sell it. It belongs in Michigan or somewhere up north where it can gooble hardwoods :)

Need a drum style for palms. On the disc style the palms will wrap around the disc shaft and take out the bearings. And in general a smaller chipper will have a tighter gap on the knives so it will chip the material into finer chips. Using that machine on palms is like trying to make a margarita with a cement mixer.

Back