Corkd?

ianwhite

TreeHouser
Hello everyone. I was wondering if any of you have experience with Corkd?

From what I understand, it's a pay per lead kinda deal. I have read the threads on homeadvisor and have since blocked their number to put a stop to their incessant badgering.

The guy I've talked to a couple times on the phone (from Corkd) has always seemed legit and reasonable. However, it wouldn't be the first time I've been gullible.

I still have a hard time figuring out how it is that these "clients" have the tech savvy to use these services but don't have the ability to find me directly via a simple google search. I guess in a metropolitan area I can understand the need for some sort of qualification or vetting process to show that a contractor will perform quality work.

I told the guy via email that I would be willing to speak with him on the phone tomorrow since our phone isn't ringing as much for estimates/consults this time of year.

I would really very much like to hear any opinion from any of you.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Try to get a free trial.

How large and visible is your truck signage? I think this is a great investment.

Do you have a website?

I've been connected by an internet marketing company to people I already know. Coincidence??? Data mining is a wire facet of our modern e-world.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Try to get a free trial.

How large and visible is your truck signage? I think this is a great investment.

Do you have a website?

I've been connected by an internet marketing company to people I already know. Coincidence??? Data mining is a wire facet of our modern e-world.

Very large and very visible.

It's not that I'm really posting this cause we are hurting for work. Just always considering options for growth and good roi marketing.

Yep. I've got a website. Needs work for sure, but better than the other companies non-existent ones. I could definitely have a better on line presence, but we do alright around here.

I'm the only CA in the zip code. Only one that does any supplemental support systems (well, properly anyway), only phc guy, and only person who climbs off a crane (actually only climber beyond some real sketchy maybe one lanyard at best kinda shit) and occasionally for competitors. On the local tree commission, only person charging for consulting work, etc. We've got other guys around with trucks and saws but the level of competence from our competition is lacking. There's a couple guys around that know how to do what they do but that's pretty much removals. There may very well be only 1 or 2 other guys within 40 miles that own a port-a-wrap.

Anyhow....Corkd thoughts???

I think your website will produce better quality leads than one of these type websites. I was on "service seeking.com" and had to screen leads quite heavily due to all the timewasters etc. On Service Seeking they proudly advertise that they can offer arborists at $30/hour and they also boasted in the media that they had lowered the rates charged by tradesman throughout various cities. I think these sites actively seek to erode rates charged by contractors by giving leverage to the prospective client- often when you called one up they acted as though you had just cold called them out of the blue...
If its cheap though why not, I was paying $50 monthly and averaging 10 or so leads per day.

Haha. Timber Warriors Network wasn't it Jim? If I get to introduce myself to potential clients as "Timber Warrior Ian" I'm sold for sure.

A quick google search from up here had a few tree services for Ashmore. First one up was tree serving pros. I didn't go any deeper.

I think your website will produce better quality leads than one of these type websites. I was on "service seeking.com" and had to screen leads quite heavily due to all the timewasters etc. On Service Seeking they proudly advertise that they can offer arborists at $30/hour and they also boasted in the media that they had lowered the rates charged by tradesman throughout various cities. I think these sites actively seek to erode rates charged by contractors by giving leverage to the prospective client- often when you called one up they acted as though you had just cold called them out of the blue...
If its cheap though why not, I was paying $50 monthly and averaging 10 or so leads per day.

How many of those ten converted to a good customer/ sale?

Hey Sean,

Its hard to say because I was very selective in deciding which ones I would contact and offer to bid on, plus it was a while back now so its difficult to recall ratios.

A quick google search from up here had a few tree services for Ashmore. First one up was tree serving pros. I didn't go any deeper.

Huh. I googled "ashmore, IL tree service" and got me, then a xmas tree farm on the maps thing. Then, I got yellowpages, homeadvisor, then one of those crap webpages that isn't even a tree business, then my yellowpages listing in that order. Unfortunately, when I come up it usually goes to my YP website then you can click on the "full website" that will take you to aerialarboristsolutions.com instead of the crap generic YP website for my business.

Try to get a free trial..

Totally. Or maybe like "I'll try it for a $100 and that's it. Can it work in that time?"

But don't commit to anything long term. Don't give them access to a credit card number or bank account number. Get a gift card and put the $100 on it.

I bet it doesn't work. I've tried

Home advisor
Groupon
Living social
Thumb tack
Angies list
Yelp.
Maybe others I can't remember.

Yelp is the only one that have ever made us any money. The rest have been a waste of money and time. Yelp is the only one that let us try before we buy. They knew they were worth it and didn't have to over sell it.

Back