My New Website

nice site! love the pictures

you have a double post in the testimonial page

I would put phone number and email front and center under your nav links, don't see it up top very well. maybe not the email but phone number for sure

N.H. counties where is that? maybe type it out long form at least once, people from the area might know where that is but you're on the world wide web now :)

the math question to send you a message a has no explanation

I always like to see a physical address some were, if you are running out of your home just put city, state, country.

cheers, zayen

Nice looking site, Chris.

The language comes across as honest and confident, the pictures clearly show you're capable of the work.

The site is clean and not cluttered. My constructive critisism is to have one or two pictures of equipment that may show potential customers you're capable of cleaning up the big mess as well.

Good work!

Nice, Chris! Sylvia could help with some grammar and punctuation on the homepage. If you would like her feedback shoot me a p.m. as she would be happy to help.

I would be inclined towards a positive instead of negative approach on the bottom section.

I went through all the pages...looks very good. Good pictures...like the double safeties in that steep but non-tree setting. Looks very pro.

I agree with DMc about the home page:

I would be inclined towards a positive instead of negative approach on the bottom section.

I agree also on the pos vs neg.

I can't add much that hasn't already been mentioned except:

If it were me, I'd lose the pictures of the guys walking around on the sawdust covered roof unless they were matched up in a before and after pair...but that's just me maybe...

Some of the font was a bit small for me to read without my glasses.

Overall very nice though!

I got a little squirrely seeing the guy on the roof crouched down near the ladder...looked like a precarious place for not being tied in. I've done it but not sure if it should be shown.

Great site, Chris. I like your business approach. I'm not sure if if this is how everyone sees it but to me having an email with your own domain makes you look more legit. I think mine costs 20 bucks a year. On the about page I think you're missing an "a" where it says "tree work is dangerous job"

I like the simple, clean look. I can't stand sites that are too wordy and flashy.

By the way, Chris, I remember reading an article of yours in the tcia mag when I was first getting into tree work, it was about hazard tree removal. It was a great help in building my knowledge and confidence, thank you!

First page looks sharp...all looks like removal work/ storm damage work, and I read many places Tree Care. Balance with a quality tree care pic.

Get a business gmail, GirardTreeCareAndRemoval@gmail.com GirardTreeService@gmail.com

About-- sounds like a one-man band...rather than Chris, use Chris and Crew...

Services:

SERVICES INCLUDE
Our services include the following :
• Free estimates on all forms of tree work and we will not try to sell you work that doesn’t need to be done. (avoid double negative---- positively state what you WILL do)
---------differentiate a paid consultation
• Shoreland Documentation for property owners.
• Pruning. Including: Vista Views, Young and Mature Trees, Fruit Trees, Hazardous wood, dead wood ------------> Dead Wood, Storm Damage, Thinning, Crown Raising and Crown Reduction (different than Tree Topping, which is no longer an acceptable arboricultural practice). Note: our pruning work is NOT DONE while wearing climbing spikes/spurs, which can damage trees. Don’t be sold by others doing pruning work while wearing spikes.
• Tree Removals. Including: Falling, Dismantling, Takedowns using Technical Rigging and Crane Assisted Removals (the latter two options provide minimum impact).
• Cable Bracing-------------------cable and brace supplemental support systems.

: Sometimes trees can be saved rather than removed using simple cabling methods.
• Land Clearing: Selective cutting using minimal impact methods.
• Planting.
• Chipping.
• 100% Cleanup.
Large or small, we can handle all your tree care needs. We’re friendly, fast and deliver the results you expect from a team of professional workers (several pages in before this first indication of multiple people). Please take a few minutes, to visit our site and feel free to contact us to schedule a free estimate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
By the way, Chris, I remember reading an article of yours in the tcia mag when I was first getting into tree work, it was about hazard tree removal. It was a great help in building my knowledge and confidence, thank you!

You're very welcome Levi. I remember that job very well. I am currently working on another article for TCIA that was based on hazardous technical rigging job. I'll let members know when it gets published.

I get queasy bout seein crew members on a client's rooftop too.

Of course it happens n insurance is footin the bill etc.

But it still bugs me at a gut level.

I like the honesty and plain speak of your new website Chris.

Congrats!

Jomo

WELCOME TO GIRARD TREE SERVICE
Girard Tree Service, LLC is a small family-owned and operated business. As such, we perform highly professional work, safely, with rates that are a great value. We are a licensed, N.H. business, that is fully insured, including Worker's Compensation. We work in many counties (WHICH ONES?) of N.H., not limited to just the Lakes Region, though we do specialize in many technical island projects, all around the many lakes in our area.
We are committed to bringing you the very best tree care and removal services possible.

FWIW, this is the text I see "above the fold" (I think 'they' call it that...what you see without scrolling down)

YOU NEED A SAFE, RELIABLE TREE CARE COMPANY WHO WILL :

Respect and diligently protect your home and property

Patiently work with you.

Provide professional, dependable services at a great value.

Leave you to enjoy your yard, fully cleaned after technical services. (what about people who want put-on-ground-only, will you be a professional mess maker, as well. I get a decent of POGO, rurally).

Large or small, we can handle all your tree care needs. We’re friendly, fast and deliver the results you expect from a team of skilled professionals . Please take a few minutes, to explore our site and feel free to contact us.

SERVICES INCLUDE
Our services include the following :
• Free estimates on all forms of tree work and we will not try to sell you work that doesn’t need to be done.

Free estimates for services. We will give you fair, honest answers about necessity of service options.

WELCOME TO GIRARD TREE SERVICE
Girard Tree Service, LLC is a small family-owned and operated business. As such, we perform highly professional work, safely, with rates that are a great value. We are a licensed, N.H. business, fully insured, including Worker's Compensation. We work in many counties (WHICH ONES?) of N.H., not limited to just the Lakes Region, though we do specialize in many technical island projects, all around the many lakes in our area.
We are committed to bringing you the very best tree care and removal services possible.

FWIW, this is the text I see "above the fold" (I think 'they' call it that...what you see without scrolling down)

Chris, how long have you been in business? Can you play the "since 2006"?

Do you have a family history with trees/ logging?

The site looks good. Cranes are sexy. They also are hard for some people to understand are an expensive tool of the trade, at times. They might be intimidated by what you must charge if you do "big projects".

How much pruning? Building clearance, vista pruning, Cable and bracing, etc. versus removal? People don't understand "crown reduction" intuitively. Build more of that into the site. Cable and Brace pictures. I might have missed them in the scrolling pictures.

Maybe the first picture in the gallery should be Crew or Chris and Family.

The second and third, IIRC, looked like some involving the rock slope stabilization projects???? A good spot for a pruning picture.

Can you put in before/ after pics?

If you're limited on photo space/ video space on your site, can you embed links to Flickr, youtube, etc?

Back