Maleware Alert?

Heh. I only mentioned it because you asked about it.

I already know what I do. Backpage and click again and it's all fine. It could potentially keep away new members is all I'd be worried about.

I've never seen it happen on any of the other sites I frequent regularly.

There's somethin peculiar bout the House, in that I can't embed vids here from an iPad, whereas it's no problem for me at any other of the tree websites.

But there again, it may just be I'm not smart enuff to do it without screwin up the thread, lockin it down n tickin Butch off royally.

It is kinda strange tho.

Jomo

68d69f677dd61dfa2e2fcec5b1a090cc.jpg

All of those that have reported in. Have you tried googling treehouse arborist? On the results do you get no warning that the site may be hacked? Also if you click through on one of the results no problem?

I will be damned. I did as you asked Justin and googled it.

One of the options that came us said it may have been hacked. When I clicked on it I was sent to a weird site that I did not recognize. When I tried it again I was sent directly to the TreeHouse.

I have a shortcut on my bookmarks bar that I always use.......and have never had a problem with that.

That's what I figure a lot of people are doing. My concern for Butch would be that sort of result on Google scaring away potential membership.

You old Sage you!

I had not thought about that.........

Couldn't be too much of a problem, I bet a lot of "adult" sites say the same thing.......May Be Hacked.....they seem to be doing okay!

Joking of course, wonder who is responsible for "this site may be hacked"? Google? Actual hackers? Jose A Ruiz?

Who has control over access to Google Results?

How would you get a hold of Google?

What I mean though is even if someone clicks and then they are redirected to the 'file store' or whatever. How many are going to back page and click it again?

Inspecting the actual link address it appears to be like a click-bait kinda thing. Something like when you get an email from your friend, but the actual link is to some .ru website.

Screenshot_20170124-175537.jpg

I don't usually access the site through Google, but it does say hacked for me too.

When I click the link that says "this site may be hacked" it suggested to following if you're having this happen to your site...

Screenshot_20170124-175652.jpg

View attachment 76441

I don't usually access the site through Google, but it does say hacked for me too.

When I click the link that says "this site may be hacked" it suggested to following if you're having this happen to your site...

View attachment 76442

Evan, you hit one out of the park with this post! Nice job on the research. Also on figuring out how to do a screen capture and then managing to figure out how to include it (or them) in your post. Nice work all around. Bravo!

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I got a few tricks up my sleeve. I started the process, but it looks like Butch is going to have to work on it as it required "claiming" the site.

I think so, yes...

I just don't know what to do with it.

If you can connect to your server through FTP I think you can upload a file from Google to the server.

Try:

ftp://masterblasterhome.com

Hopefully you know the credentials, if you don't maybe your hosting company can help you, or we could try to figure it out over the phone.

If you do get in, just drop the file into the "root" directory, that's the directory that it signs into.

Oh, you might copy that link into the address bar on Windows explorer (assuming your on Windows) that way it will connect to the server as network file storage. I don't think the browser will let you upload the file. On a Mac "connect to server" should be an option from a menu when you're in the "finder". It might be apple-k as a keyboard shortcut.

Back