Maleware Alert?

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Hey, Butch! For some reason, within the last few days, I've been getting warnings from my Opera browser on both my laptop computer and just now on this hand held computer I'm currently using that the Tree House forum is the source of a malware problem. I tried to see if I could include a screenshot of the laptop warning in a pm to you a day or two ago, but the private message page only showed me a way to include a photo from a linked web page, but not from my own computer. Unless I'm missing something.

Anyone else getting this message?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm thinking it might be the fellows settings, maybe catching the donate buttons.

No, not that...but the site is totally effed for me tonight, multiple problems with posting, opening pages, slower than molasses in winter.

I had some crazy crap popping up when I accessed it from my phone the other day, no problems on my PC though.

Not a problem here but I have had a problem originating from clicking on a link from facebook .Sons a bees tried to tie me up with ransomware .I fixed it myself .

Just beware of calls ending in 0000 with some clown who talks very bad English .It uses a 501-502 -503 prefix number and for all intents is untraceable although I did get it traced to some area near the California Mexican border in proximity to San Diego ...

I get calls that show a local number but they are from India, there's a way to do it so don't take much notice of what number calls you.

As for the malware thing, that Aussie bike forum I belong to had that alert last week. Only lasted one day and it was gone, it's vBulletin same as here.

Those pirates are pretty crafty in their methods .Evidently by connections from previous calls they use a method that connects hard drive ip's with phone numbers .

Those trying ransomware if they are successful in 1 percent of their attempts it works out for them very well .It's just a different method used to rob people than by gun point using Hi-tech methods .

You can Google it and figure out how they do it but once you cut to the chase the best thing is just not click on a link unless you know it's for real and don't call a phone number asking for help because that ties your phone number to your harddrive .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just recieved this message from Evan Sussman at FaceBook...

Hi Butch, lately the treehouse has been redirecting to some "myfilestore.com" only the first time I try to visit the site. If I type in the URL again it goes to the homepage. I thought you might like to know.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am getting the same thing Butch. Google warns me that the site may be hacked and if I google the site and click on a result to come here I am mostly redirected to that filestore site. Than if I back up quickly and click the result/link again it goes through proper. If I don't back out of that filestore site quickly it locks up and wants me to click this or that and I have to close the page to get out.

Only happens with this site.

Back