Customer Service

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 5K
L

Levi

Here is a little gripe I have from dealing with 2 separate tree gear retailers in the past week.

Last week, on the 19th, we placed an order with an American based company who offers free shipping with a 1-3 day delivery time. We did not get a shipping confirmation until the 21st projecting a delivery date of the 28th. Also, on the 21st, we placed an order with a UK supplier. The next day we received a shipping notice projecting a delivery date of Dec 26th.

How is it that we can get gear quicker from the UK???

I understand that it is the holidays and folks are busy, but why not communicate that to your customers? I'm not in a hurry to get this gear, it's just the principal of the matter. If I told a client that I would meet them in three days for a proposal and, without saying anything, I showed up 6 days later well, you get the picture. Lame....

Post doesn't have much oomph without names.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay, fair enough.

Honey Bro.s 1
Treestuff 0

Its always hard to know what to think when something does not come in time.

It does suck when something does not ship in time, but what are you gonna do? I mean the shipping was free right?

Maybe you ordered something that was not in stock?

Honestly, I am not really sure all this instant feedback has been helpful. Used to be you ordered something by filling out the card in the catalog and you got it when you got it.

I guess when a company advertises a time frame for shipping they should try as hard as they can to abide by that advertisement, or communicate why the deadline wont be met.

Guarantees can be a bitch!

Agreed Jim. I learned quickly in my business to under promise and over deliver. Customers are happier that way.

Why worry over projected dates? Maybe wait and see when things show up before sputtering about it?

Expecting quick free delivery during holiday season is asking a bit much...suppliers don't have control over when a delivery service processes shipping labels and sends out the email it concerns. Some tracking systems are more efficient than others.

Different packages go via different shippers sometimes to save cost...if it goes via USPS (even partially) all notices are late. I've had many packages delivered before I was notified it was on the road...

Sure, like I said, I'm in no rush to get this gear and I understand that folks are busy right now.

On the other hand, a 3 day delivery was promised 4 days ago, no package, no communication. A simple call or email explaining things would set it right. Meanwhile, the order from the UK is slated to be delivered sooner and was ordered later.

If you go to a restraunt and are told it will be a 15 minute wait, but you wait for 45 with no explanation most consumers would be pissed.

Well, reading the FAQ page on shipping I see no guarantees on time span for free shipping.

" Most orders are processed and shipped the same day they are received." ...emphasis mine

And the map has "Average" shipping times.

Guess I must be confused on the "promised" part.

Why advertise and hype "warp speed" shipping then? It's just A gimmick that I fell for. They did that to match Sherrill's claim of free 3 day shipping. A customer shouldn't have to dig around to get the facts. If a retailer's shipping options said explicitly, "we'll get it there asap" I'd feel better about that company.

Don't know. Didn't see anything on the page about warp speed anything.

I didn't have to dig much, the shipping link is right on the home page next to the title in the header...big tag saying "Free Shipping".

Well, let us know how it all turns out...

To me, that is digging. A customer should not have to click to a new page to find out that something on another page is false or misleading.

Maybe that is a business technique outlined in the "treeU business summit" the art of saying one thing and doing another:lol:

Both boxes arrived on time (UPS prediction), no complaints. We ordered from honey bros so we could try these saddles-
https://honeybros.com/Item/Courant_Koala_Harness
First impressions are good, it's just a little thing but seems comfortable. Ordering from Honey Brothers was great and I would do it again.

Initially, I left the names of the companies out because I was more looking for a discussion of customer service and opinions on whether or not I expect too much from retailers. I stand by my previous sentiment, that the 1-3 day shipping offer is misleading at best. But, I did get a note in the TS box that read "Merry Christmas Levi" it made me feel all warm and fuzzy:)

Cool.

I once ordered three items. One was very close and had fast shipping on it. One was in East coast and had the next down paid shipping. the last was west coast and regular free shipping...all showed up on the same truck.

Looking through the travel history of the items I found that the packages that arrived earlier to distribution center where two would leave from were held a day or so until the other package caught up...happened twice.

That's the last time I paid for quicker shipping except when I needed next day. It's a racket I'm thinking.

Agreed, must be a racket. It sounds like a move they would pull in a rural area, does the truck go by your house every day?

I find it amazing how we can just click on stuff, enter some CC info and then a truck brings it right to our doorstep tootsweet. It's getting to be even pretty quick here in Canada things like amazon. It's a retail world!

Have y'all seen those buttons from Amazon? For all different products and brands, just push the little button and they automatically ship you more toilet paper! Crazy world.

Agreed, must be a racket. It sounds like a move they would pull in a rural area, does the truck go by your house every day?

UPS and Fedex both go by twice per day actually. I live in what has changed to a light industrial/commercial zone.

Back