Pistol Grip Wrist Saving Arborist Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually I've spent the last few days brainstorming this pistol's design with two of my older bros, with mills n lathes n stuff.

My gut tells me fug incorporating any electronics, period. Stainless steel barrel n trigger components, perhaps an aluminum handle with rubber enhanced grip ergonomics, for wet work. 50 foot of cord capacity, with interchangeable spools.

Rugged enough to survive a brutal n hostile environment.

It'll be unique n useful in this biz whether you guys hang with a rope in NYC or not, see.

Jomo

I don't like the idea of it grabbing and cutting, and refilling and ...KISS

Aluminum with rubber-finger molded grip!! I think the crosswise grip versus handsaw grip.

The basic idea of a rope that would easily replace, like a chainsaw starter rope (knot jams against hole), with a pistol grip style of release, if possible, would be great. One side of the rope would be fixed/ attached, leaving a (15-20", without doing the math on a 5" branch??) length to be grabbed by the clamp (like the vice-grip grabbing mid-line). Maybe the rope should have overhand knots every 2" that would help to lock the cord behind the clamp.

This will require a large enough drop zone that you need little "Branch English" (to morph a pool/ billiards term).

As I recall the go big n bury the groundcrew prima donnas were not well liked by anyone but their own kind.

Whereas guys cuttin the tree down in easily manageable limbs n logs, were invited for a beer after work.

Jomo

Wood on brush, brush on wood, boy I fugged those guys but good.

Oh yeah, I remember them well....

Jomo

I find keeping my DZ clear of friggin debris works best for me, frenchie!

My Pal's back!

Jomo

Well, it's a bit like this.

As long as Jerr doesn't actually hate me?

As long as the birds still like me?

The rest of Yu scurrilous mutinous dogs?

Can form a line n byte me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 30
As I recall the go big n bury the groundcrew prima donnas were not well liked by anyone but their own kind.

Whereas guys cuttin the tree down in easily manageable limbs n logs, were invited for a beer after work.

Jomo

When I am on the ground it's the guys that cut and chuck that make the biggest mess. They might get a dozen limbs to land right but it's the one that lands backwards that messes things up . Now if it's all rigged a guy can turn and manipulate it into the right orientation while the limb is still hanging less effort less strain on the body for all.

I am not bagging on your new invention I just don't see a need for it in the industry.

Well I guess we'll find out whether that's true or not Flush.

There are an awful lot of bucket pilots in this biz!

Jomo

Whether or not you like the device, you can't deny that cut and chuck is a big thing in this industry. If you do, I'd say you ain't been around much or are just being obstinate for one reason or another.

This is 55 feet of 1/8 inch cord on a spool with an inch thick arbor/axle.

Indicating 75 feet of cord per spool's quite doable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 34
One ring will rule them all

One ring will find them

One ring will bring them all

And in the darkness bind them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg