Pistol Grip Wrist Saving Arborist Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do believe this design, copied in aluminum, except SS cord cutter itself, could weigh in very light, bouts a pound.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 35
Trigger return spring mech was givin me fits, till inline compression spring, trapped in a half tube sussed that headache.

It 's all in the details, it's true.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 27
Well I'm a bum, spend days gettin return springs just how I like em, trapped, confined, no fuggin way out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 48
The best way to overcome that obstacle would be to have some trigger system that did not require cutting and retying cord. Similar to the big shot quick release... Get on it Jomo... That system would also be easier to choke, which is really going to be needed of you plan on having this thing be used a lot.. PM me for contact info so you can write me in for 49% of the patent rights!

So to be clear.. MY (LOL) modification would have two lines.. The anchor line going from the ring to the grip and the release line, going from the quick release to the grip

Picturing HD zip ties.... chipper don't care. Chop chop if you miss one. No tying required. Unit hold the tie after it also wraps and threads, locked. Light weight. Magazine feed. Have fun wit dat.
We now return to regular programming.

That's the beauty of online invention. The contrasting input, the drawbacks, other objective view points.

That ring knot tyin's a problem needs sussin, no two ways about it.

But I can configure that ring any fuggin way I want to. A miniature master lock, that slides onto it's key, fixed to the pistol!

Pull it off the fuggin magnet, slide it onto the key, and the dang thang springs open, sayin insert cord here, stupid.

Creatin an after market for Murphy's fumble finger fug ups!

Come on guys!

Tick me off some more!

Yu mutinous scaliwags!

Jomo

A mini lanyard adjuster on one side and a trigger on the other would eliminate the need for a spool or a cutting device. A loop in the end of your cord (or cable) hooked over the trigger, the slack removed and you're in business.

This is incredible and amazing.

Godspeed, Jomo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks Bode.

You operate in Marin n Santa Clara counties, no easy counties to operate in for sure.

Big nasty 200 foot blue gums!

I'll never forget Blair drivin me round his stompin grounds up there, stopping at the euc man bar n grill.

Ken Johnson's up thataways too as I recall.

Work safe up there Bode man.

Jomo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 28
Jon, if you really want solid input, some of which would be from proven designers, put up a video. I don't know much about machining or whatnot, but I know you're missing a lot of quality advice from those who do.

I can usually put strange pieces together reasonably well. I can't tell what the ring does. Why can't a stopper knot be enough of an anchor? Possibly for a great reason, but I can't figure out what.

I think that you are on to something. A niche tool. Even if only for your own use, refining it, with collective knowledge, would put your ahead.

Oh yeah, and a video would do wonders.

A mini lanyard adjuster on one side and a trigger on the other would eliminate the need for a spool or a cutting device. A loop in the end of your cord (or cable) hooked over the trigger, the slack removed and you're in business.

Usin the same length of cord, particularly small cord's like spittin in judge Murphy's face Ray!

I like the idea of out with the old n in with the new just fine thank you!

You think I was kiddin bout my first grip pliers steel cable prototype whippin me but good releasing a heavy load?

Like Dustin Hoffman told General Custer at the battle of Little Big Horn!

You go down there General.

Jomo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 29
It's hopeless, Sean. He's a first class troll...maybe unintentional...but he thrives on the attention, does not seem capable of reaching outside his own foggy cloud. Very much like the Mexican gentleman awhile back that got tons of good advice here on learning to do basic treework and start his business but always ignored it and did things his way. I think he thrived on the attention, too.

Jon, if you really want solid input, some of which would be from proven designers, put up a video. I don't know much about machining or whatnot, but I know you're missing a lot of quality advice from those who do.

I can usually put strange pieces together reasonably well. I can't tell what the ring does. Why can't a stopper knot be enough of an anchor? Possibly for a great reason, but I can't figure out what.

I think that you are on to something. A niche tool. Even if only for your own use, refining it, with collective knowledge, would put your ahead.

Oh yeah, and a video would do wonders.

Nah Sean, I prefer lame input, from greenies, who fail to understand the relationship of weight's uses in creating taut lines that're snaggable n easy to hook up with!

Keel haul that rookie Mister Christian!

Jomo

It's hopeless, Sean. He's a first class troll...maybe unintentional...but he thrives on the attention, does not seem capable of reaching outside his own foggy cloud. Very much like the Mexican gentleman awhile back that got tons of good advice here on learning to do basic treework and start his business but always ignored it and did things his way. I think he thrived on the attention, too.

Hi Shirley Temple!

Pizza Pepsi YouTube now!

No more disparagin my mother either!

Yu evil wicked spoiled little girl....

Jomo

Aye Aye Captain Jim!

Yu see, a few sprangs, an itty bitty wire rope Ubolt clip, combined with bonafied 3 strand cheapo cord?

Problem sussed in half a day!

I'm suddenly in love with 3 strand rope again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 28
A few inches as ordered sir!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 26
I'm happy to report that the cheapo 3 strand cord n pistol can support my body weight dressed, bouta 175 lbs.

Lifted two inches of my pillowed chair I'm tellin yu!

Jomo

Oh the humanity!!!

Somebody call Peter Gerstenberger!!!

Get a grip Yu thin skinned laggards!

Jomo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back