Pistol Grip Wrist Saving Arborist Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
25well-dogtv-tmagArticle.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's this spot right here that you wanna do your cord cuttin, see?

On either side, preferably from inside the barrel. Protected from the elements.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 55
How yu gonna get a tiny little 1/8 inch cord to act like a rope, so yu can hook up quickly?

I figure hookin an 8 oz throw bag to that square thang the lines tied to in the first pick?

Should facilitate hook up time speed considerably. Maybe even allow for Roy Roger rope tricks aloft.

Jomo

LOL @ Butch !

How yu gonna get a tiny little 1/8 inch cord to act like a rope, so yu can hook up quickly?
That's an important point here and not an easy one to solve : passing around the limb and tying back on the device with only one (gloved) hand.
It has to be easy and quick to be actually used (and secure of course).
If you need both bare hands to attach the cord, it downgrades seriously the usefulness of your device in the average job.
It needs some brainstorming here.

Jomo why hurl insults at a room full of highly experienced climbers and cutters. If you are that insecure over your inventions. You shouldn't post them on a public forum.

The Roy Roger lefthanded rope trick's no exaggeration, even Squish'll be able to pull it off?

Gated slotted upper barrel, leading down to the execution chamber.

With a two inch Y shaped front sight leading to that gated slot, hook up with a wrap can be done with a well coordinated flick of the pistol/wrist.

Could you trap an 1/8 inch line within a two inch wide Y or gate?

Magnetizing the 8 oz throw bag should help a lot as well, I think.

Rile me up some more guys, it helps.

Jomo

Cuz you guys act like if it ain't on YouTube ef you....

Jomo

I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 47
Jomo, we just want to see it in action that's all. Don't get all humpy about it.

Can you load a vid to youtube? If not we'll show you how, it's no bother.

C'mon, work with us here.:thumbup:

You're blowin my gig Blackie!

I'm melting!

I like to think of it as a six shooter with a loop stickin outta the end of the barrel, and pullin the trigger fires the bullet that does the cutting.

Show off!

Jomo

Better to have 2 triggers : The first one activates the mechanism shooting the cord around the limb, catching it back and tending it. The second one cuts/releases the cord. :D

Well...isn't there someone said KISS ?:/:

No no no.

More like those toys mexican children play with!

A handle peg, with a two foot string tied to it, with the other attached to the bottom of a tiny wooden barrel.

The top of the peg mates to the top of the barrel.

The trick's being able to swing it up n stab it just so, yu see.

Lived a few years in Mexico as a five n six year old. Strange, I was fairly fluent speakin spanish as a child, but lost that ability completely upon return to the states. I even attended a one room school there. Trouble makers got held underwater in the courtyard fountain till they blew bubbles!

Those caballeros are even better n Roy Roger's with their leather lariats able to snag a horse by a hoove!

Jomo

Seems to me a couple of webbing loops would do the trick iffin you need anything at all. Just keep tossing them to the ground and every now and then have someone send them back up.last thing I want though is more crap to carry in the tree. Not calling your invention crap mind you. I am always interested to see new stuff. Maybe your invention works for you and maybe someone can improve on it. Seeing it in action would be key. Make one and show us. I'll only jokingly talk shit ;)

Ever seen my retractable lowering line retrieval gizmo.

It's essentially a Spencer Logging Tape, with 1/8 inch nylon cord on the spool instead of tape.

Hooks passively to your bull line with a round plastic curtain rod hanger, the tape body stays hooked to your saddle.

When the log/branch is cut n lowered at its COG, it drags out whatever length of cord's need to reach the COG, allowing the climber to pull the lowering back to him quickly, instead of waitin around for the groundie to flick it back to you so far out there from the COG, see.

Works a charm n saves lots of effin about!

Jomo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back