Mobile / spider lifts

tophopper

The resident asshole
Hey all. It's been some time.....

Curious who here has experience running a mobile lift?

Granted these are very useful tools and can make an unsafe tree workable, I have come to hate them! I'm beginning to feel like they're over used, and many climbers are starting to rely on them like a crutch. Bad ass tree climbers are a dying breed!!

Can anyone feel me?

I haven't used a spider lift.

But I think there are still loads of bad ass climbers out there, probably always will be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems like so many want to be bad ass tree climbers until it comes time to climb bad ass trees!

Oh wait! My avatar was a bad ass tree in the last year, I still qualify! Whew!

We don't have one but I see where they are useful. If you have one you're gonna use it. My problems got worse once they bought an elevator. I run it. Now every tree that the "short trucks" can't reach becomes mine. Most of these are no access jobs anyhow. I don't know if I qualify as bad ass but in our four crew company I climb more than the rest combined. Yet I have the truck with the most reach.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I run 10 crews. Have 2 lifts and a 3rd coming next year. The amount of jobs I get kicked back is getting ridiculous, crews always calling for the lift. Back in my day we just climbed it and got it done.

get your ass up that tree Johnny - thats what I would say
we don't have no stinkin lift - (Johnny always got the top notch badass trees)

By the way, is your avatar of that big Fing cottonweed 4 day BFL that JW underbid in a richfield alley centuries ago?

Hey all. It's been some time.....

Can anyone feel me?

Hey, I thought you were feeling some Florida Keys a couple of years ago. Come on down, we don't need no stinking lift down here. Top, call the office, we may have an offer you would like to consider. PM if you want the number.

Back