whoopie sling vs standard sling

Benjo75

Treehouser
I've been dabbling in aerial friction. Started with small porty. Bought an AFB. Now I'm thinking about the Safebloc. Which sling do you prefer for ease and quickness of installing these to the the tree?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks cool. Wouldn't work on a Safebloc though. The AFB probably wouldn't go through the 5" loops. It would be perfect on the small porty though.

I think a safebloc would pass through. Call and ask the splicing guys at TS or ST but I think it's possible. The ultra sling can be spliced however you need it configured

It would work. They run portys on them all the time. Safebloc isn't very big in the right orientation.

Only drawback might be an inability to really snug the block to the tree in certain circumstances. Nothing wrong with a cow/timber hitch.

Whoopie sling seems faster than a loopie. But when I sling, I am faster with a dead eye. I just tie it faster with a timber hitch. When you go to cow hitch, they are about the same time setting. Resetting the block is fastest with a timber, then either the whoopie or loopie. Cow hitch slow.
Everything has a plus and minus side.

I've made myself a whole bunch of loopies and woopies, various sizes. I have since gone back to dead eye sling for time saving. My rigging points usually move too often for my liking, and usually is on the 12" and under diameters. Chunking bigger than that a loopie is my choice.

Back