S#!& canned Direct TV today

FireFighterZero

Captain Zero!
We are only getting half the channels we watch right now. Tech line said that our dish may be faulty or misaligned.

They told us we would have to wait 2 weeks for the tech person to come out, and then charge us 50 buck for the service call.

The wife informed them that this would be the last billing cycle we would tolerate. They responded by saying okay, we will send a box to ship our equipment back.

Fine by me. Rotten bastards are charging us 110 bucks a month, and I cant watch what I want.

We paired down our channels a lot, it was close to 200 bucks a month.

We are getting Fire Sticks?. No idea what they are but you can watch tv with them somehow. I guess there are Roku, Hulu, Netfilx and Amazon primes.

Not to mention digital channels over the old translator. I guess there are 8 free channels we can watch.

I reckon we will get by.

Lotta folks on here getting rough with their TV providers!

One of my guys just got Fire Stick, when he told the other guy he just got it the guy freaked out, said omg those are the best.

Amen!

Im still running an HD TV antenna=free, and luv'in it ;)

No kidding?

I thought they got rid of broadcast tele long ago. Still, too many commercials.

It was all broadcast when I was growing up. Black / white. Mostly family orientated, too. Hey, at the time it was high cotton. Even if you did have to stand on the roof and rotate the antenna until someone yelled the signal was strong, or completely the other way. I recall a lot of electrocutions in the day dealing with TV aerials.

i remember when ~20% of prime time was Westerns:Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Bonanza, Wild, Wild West etc.(Star Trek described as a western in space!) and not too many channels after that!
Black and White unless watching BaseBall, then Dad would put 3 toned clear plastic over it (light blue at top, clear, green at bottom)
Kinda did look like washed out color tv of the day with blue sky and green field!
Eventually Grandma gave us hers, real color, well for then it was.
But it also had a remote, so my 6yr. old work load immediately decreased.
>>The remote had like chalk sized bars made of metal of different length so hitting spring button on 1 would change channel, and maybe dropping silverware would too!
i remember my Chicago cop Dad yelling it might be 1965 outside but it is 1935 in here;
and mostly being right except for that color TV!
(including Mom not being allowed to even learn to drive until she was 35, because i was in Driver's Ed the next year!)

I don't even know how to work the new tv's! Plenty of time wasting on my phone and computer

Back