Finally got a loader

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
Today we took possession of our new articulating loader from Power Trac! I know it's not as cool and fancy as some other out there, but we felt it was a good machine for us. It's light weight coming in around 1300# and has a small footprint. We bought it with a grapple bucket and a light materials bucket and some loading ramps. We decided on this machine after talking to a tree company owner about a half hour north of us who owns several already and loves them. He's kind of in the same niche market as us so I'm hoping that the machine will work out for us as well as it did for him. I'm super excited so please don't bust on my too bad for buying on "off brand" machine. :cool: :cool: :cool:
90023c0a47b053e24d7bee8f73a85fb7.jpg
bb54df01f41f8648a7a6b61290d0ec70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's 40 attachments available. I'm sure you'd be available to find one or two to use on the farm.

What's the specs on that beauty? capacity, lift height?

Also what's the price, even a ballpark if you don't mind.

Congratulations! My back feels better just looking at the pictures. If it was sitting on my trailer I'd probably be doing kart Wheels!

Lift capacity is 800#. The lift height was the biggest down side in my opinion. It's only rated at 4`6".
The cost was $11k delivered to WI from VA. That also includes the two buckets and ramps. We paid cash so we got a better deal than if we financed it. The cost was also a big factor but not the main factor in us deciding to buy this one. We were looking at many other name brand loaders and they all were $20k plus. That amount would have meant us taking out a loan.

That'a awesome, artic loaders are da bomb!

Nice little machine. You'll be able to clear sidewalks in the winter, as well as move gravel and do other small landscaping projects. It will help you with tree planting chores....mulch, dirt, stakes, etc.

Please keep us posted as you get more experience with the machine.

If you don't mind, do you have the specs as far as engine make, horsepower, etc?

Congratulations!!

Joel

Hydraulic muscle of any kind bests human muscle in any competition. Congrats and may parts be plentiful and off the shelf.

Parts are all off the shelf. There is nothing special about this machine at all... . Another positive attribute.

It's a Robin (Subaru) gas engine. 22 hp.

Lift capacity is 800#. The lift height was the biggest down side in my opinion. It's only rated at 4`6".
The cost was $11k delivered to WI from VA. That also includes the two buckets and ramps. We paid cash so we got a better deal than if we financed it. The cost was also a big factor but not the main factor in us deciding to buy this one. We were looking at many other name brand loaders and they all were $20k plus. That amount would have meant us taking out a loan.

Pretty good. The lift height is a bit low, but as long as you plan arOund it. Beats lifting by hand by a long Shot!

Picture of the grapple bucket?

Do you envision log tongs hung from the loader arms/ bucket? Choking brush some way? This might help in tight spaces, and put a flexible link for dragging logs. You can get more payload without a bucket.

If you have chain hooks, a hitch tube, and a bollard (pipe with tie-off cleats) welded on, you can be more versatile, very inexpensively.

Last edited:
We're are going to have to play around with it to figure out how to best use it. The lift height won't be that big of a problem. It will lift over the sides of our dump trailer and into the back of our chip truck.
We've used this kind of grapple bucket in the past and have rigged up various ways of dragging brush long. Well figure something out to male it more user friendly.

Nope. We'll buy them if the need it. It handles the 6 inches of snow that we got last night just fine.

Those specs are a lot like our dingo.
You might find you can heel boom with the grapple. We can wit ours on tree tops and smaller logs.
I recommend getting a set of forks for it till you can save for a log grapple. Bigger nuggets and logs are more easily moved with a set. Not badly priced..

We talked about forks but passed on them and I kind of regret not getting them. Maybe we can just get some of those clamp on forks that just attach onto the bucket.

Back