Finally got a loader

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about this one..... It's all I have on my phone.

IMG_20161213_141034.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The grapple bucket is working out much better than I would have thought. We used the same style on a Vermeer mini a couple of times and it didn't seem to work as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Articulation makes such a big difference for subtle maneuvering to grab a hold of something, I wonder if that is why the same style works better on this loader than mini.

If you have an elevated lifting spar don't forget to try debris bags or Big Tough Tarps for rakings and etc.

No, as a way to pick up larger amounts of rakings and debris at one time and transport them out to the truck.

Bagster from Home Depot and some other things do well with an elevated lifting point.

Articulation makes such a big difference for subtle maneuvering to grab a hold of something, I wonder if that is why the same style works better on this loader than mini.

If you have an elevated lifting spar don't forget to try debris bags or Big Tough Tarps for rakings and etc.

I was thrown off by "spar", seemingly a autocorrect or slip of the finger thing.

Justin mentioned taking out a Rubbermaid Brute type can on the post on the BMG bollard with grapple loads of branches or logs.

The Bagster is just a bit too long for my mini.

I like the Treestuff tarps. Integrated handles let you drag a lot more on the slick, ballistic nylon tarp than on a hardware store tarp. http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=12240
Handles held by a machine, even better.
I haven't tried the TS tarp with my mini yet.

Merle, do you have a power rotator?

Just bad choice of word on my part Sean.

No power rotator on my grapple. As per Carl's advice I went without it to save 85lbs or more on each lift in spite of the fact I was ready to throw more money at a power rotating grapple. He sure was right. I felt like I could get all I wanted from the BMG on an articulating machine in the first few hours of operation.

Yep, I'd agree, it'd be a minimal advantage on a machine this size. Heck, I bought a grapple in an online auction weighs 11-1200 pounds and bump swivels. Just to big and heavy to use effectively on my machines, need to sell it

Just bad choice of word on my part Sean.

No power rotator on my grapple. As per Carl's advice I went without it to save 85lbs or more on each lift in spite of the fact I was ready to throw more money at a power rotating grapple. He sure was right. I felt like I could get all I wanted from the BMG on an articulating machine in the first few hours of operation.

I can see that articulating can over-power the need for power rotation. Carl made a video of hardwood clearing where he was able to use a power-rotator with an articulated machine. Looked really good. You do lose height and weight-capacity.

Back