vibe

It's cool, but I do love chitchatting with my crew. It would be nice to have both, vibe and the ability to talk freely.

I met brick over the summer at the climbing comp. Good guy. I hope this works well for them.

It's cool, but I do love chitchatting with my crew. It would be nice to have both, vibe and the ability to talk freely.

If you chit chat with Sena, why do you need a Vibe?

Cool idea though.

I've always thrown a pine cone or stick at the groundman to get their attention. It works! Not clobber them with it, but close enough to get their attention.

Now the vib. I can see it has a place.

I'm pretty sure Sena's are the bluetooth enabled headsets that folks install on their climbing helmets. I have no science to back this up but it seems like you are wearing a very low powered microwave on your noggin all day...

www.sena.com

I think that the Senas don't need to be left connected all day.

Connect and disconnect as needed. Having to connect takes a minute, and stops people from unnecessarily interrupting each other.

Sena, A carryover from the motorcycle industry.
Beautiful thing.
Talk all day with your buddies. Noise cancellation.
"Watch out, small piece coming down on the backside"
"Copy that, I'm over by the garage."
"Hold this one up a little bit till it clears then run it in."
"Copy that, I'm ready"
"That was perfect, so how did your anniversary go?"
(Third voice chimes in)
"Did she like the new chainsaw you bought her"

It is my belief that efficient communication is the greatest new addition to our industry since the chainsaw.

I've gone in the crowd funding for the Vibe on Indegogo
I have a nephew who is deaf, and I thought it was super cool that these guys were working on a device that would enable more inclusion and better safety for deaf folks in our workplace. My nephew is 9 and thinks his Auntie Fi is the bee's knees because she climbs trees, so it would be fantastic to one day have him on the worksite knowing that there was a device we can use to communicate when his cochlear implants might have to be disabled. I don't know how he could wear a helmet and earmuffs over them, so might as well take them off and use a vibe to communicate.
Besides, my hubby is a bit hard of hearing at the best of times too!
I'm looking forward to them coming out next year.

It is my belief that efficient communication is the greatest new addition to our industry since the chainsaw.

I'll gladly second that.

When we did the climbing test for arborist certification in Germany this summer, the German censors were totally blown away by our Sena outfits.
As in TOTALLY!

Another use for sling and caribeener sets ready to go on belt was to throw as a penalty flag down to ground.
We didn't have wireless, and couldn't shout over the chipper(s) very well.

Paul Cox, PCTree here, brought Senas to the the forefront of use in our industry for anyone that didn't know that. And then TreeStuff pushed out it's distribution.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
really cant beat the sennas for communication. they are expensive though to outfit the whole crew. they are hard to keep charged and ready. if one person on the crew isnot outfitted they are left out and it is MORE dangerous. there are distraction issues people jamming to music taking phone calls etc. But for a big job the sennas are where its at. for everday normal job safety, this system seems to be the ticket. especially for the price. no problem to make sure the whole crew is outfitted. most of our communication is wordless anyway, it just requires eye contact. a quick buzz and your communicating.

They're cheap, and easy to keep charged.

During active work, no music or phone calls.

One person out of the loop does suck, but not as much as everyone out of the loop.

Divide the cost by the days used... Cheap, like modern chainsaws. My first saw, slightly used $400 ms 361, needs a carb kit, 8 years of production later. Divide it out.

A rope wrench is cheap as all get-out, or expensive, depends on if you consider the much greater production potential.

$0.02

Same idea.

Back