one handed saw use

IMG-20160829-WA0001.jpg
Just before someone points out were talking top handle saws... here is an action shot of a saw being one handed.
Am I the only one that is granted a pass on one handing?

Welcome by the way. My name is Rich. Good people on this site. I've learned a lot here. Even from a guy named Jim. He might come off as a bit crazy but don't worry, he really is

Couldn't help myself!
Fortunately I've never had a hand so has been a lot less of an issue than it could have been, it's far less of an issue than it 1st seems, there are 'moments' in life that two would be handy (ba boom) but for the most part it makes me try harder than if I had two

Hey jerry,
One of my biggest problems is iv nobody to show me the way, there isn't a best practice with one hand book/video/teacher, I'm having to figure things out as I go.
But back to the one handing a saw... possibly being the most practiced single hand saw user I can confidently say if we pay a bit more attention and have the best work position possible. ... one handing may not be the bad guy it's made out to be.
In my opinion of course.

Yes, how? I work with a guy who lost his entire left arm in a car wreck. He has a prosthesis, but it's not all that functional.

Technology is amazing in limbs right now, unfortunately it comes with a price tag, check out touch bionics ilimb, it may be the thing your colleague needs to make life amazing

Does yours rock?

Hmmm sort of, I've a few different ones for different tasks... riding bikes, cutting food, playing guitar etc etc, I don't have an ilimb as they are not robust enough yet ... iv been known to use it as a hammer to knock wedges in to a cut!

Bandit, great that you've overcome what must have been some difficulties. A friend of mine could do things that many found hard to believe, without having either hand, or arms for that matter. He died a few years back from the bad blood they gave him when he had his terrible accident when just a young boy, it finally took him. His wife gave me a pair of his jeans, there's a little hook on the zipper tab that he used to use to zip up his fly when getting dressed. A phenomenal man in many respects, certainly inspirational.

Bandit, welcome to the Treehouse.

Hmmm sort of, I've a few different ones for different tasks... riding bikes, cutting food, playing guitar etc etc, I don't have an ilimb as they are not robust enough yet ... iv been known to use it as a hammer to knock wedges in to a cut!

Hand ascender? ;)

Your "third hand" resting on the chainsaw can make some interesting reactions from the bystanders:/:
Congrats for your willpower=D>

Welcome to the one arm Bandit!
Good to have you in the 'House :)
Love that picture of the spare hand on the saw...

Back