one handed saw use

I can't figure out why it is a topic.

Yeah Mick, Cory, Jer, all you sane people.
It's like the gun debate except even less worthy of being a topic if that's possible.
Which is exactly what motivates the Reg's of the world to occasionally tell the emperor he's not wearing clothes.. or, that he's a ****.

Yeah I liked it out there. Wouldn't have minded another trip this year but life is a bit busy here. I don't think taking off for a few months would be approved of this time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did hear from Mark today, and we agree that this stuff is creating a pretty negative vibe, that not much good will come of. So, I'll delete the videos and sort out our differences. Sorry for all the fuss

Up date on that local neck injury... Both hands on saw. Was throwing the top... Chain was dangling loose from his neck on a low cut v neck shirt (we have been having warm weather). Looks like when the top went, the sway threw the chain away from him into the saw chain. It climbed the chain to his neck on the down cycle (power down) at the end of the cut. He actually finished the tree. Had to chunk it down and figured he did not get it bad enough to stop. I saw pictures of it today.. like if he just got bumped good shaving. just nice teeth marks. Not all buggered. Blood all over his shirt.
Lucky bugger. His boss and I agreed.. That was his warning.
I don't know why it is so hard for people to not grasp that jewelry is bad juju at work. And why it is important to get more positive to your flip line and not be cutting near your damn face. Something I battled with my last two climbers. Work positioning is huge.

I remember a safety poster in the Navy.

It showed a dismembered finger with about 10" of a couple tendons that stayed attached.

It was from wearing a wedding ring that became hooked on a ladder bolt as the fellow was descending and jumped the last couple rungs down.

Ouch!

A friend of mine did the same thing. Jumped the last three rungs and got her wedding ring caught. Ripped the finger clean off. Her son came running into the barn when he heard the screams. When he got there she told him to find her finger, held up her right hand and wiggled her fingers and told him it looks just like this one! Shock I'm guessing

When I worked in the (aircraft) tire shop, there was a 4' x 8' plywood mock up/safety "poster" of a wheel that wasn't properly disassembled. It killed the two sailors. The bloody rims were attached to it, along with many gross pics.

I bet that shit doesn't fly, nowadays...

It made an impression with me.

I had my wedding ring save me from a heavy camper shell lid that slammed down on my tailgate when the prop got bumped. 70's Ford Motor Company camper shell. Heavy duty stuff. Slammed my hand good and I couldn't figure why it didn't hurt. Was probably a week later that I noticed my ring was oval-shaped. Still is. I try to believe it's some sort of allegory for my marriage.

Back