one handed saw use

RegC

TreeHouser
Some thoughts on one handling

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/znQMzfN6R3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I one hand where it's needed. Do I try and keep both hands on the saw? Yes but there times when one is best IMO.

About to watch it, but already I say, Hell yeah, Reg put out a 17 min vid here, :thumbup:

Reg you have an utterly unique style to your vids, it always makes for interesting watching.

Beyond that, I'm shocked you care even a little what numbnuts Mark or anyone else thinks about your techniques. And a one handing debate? Yikes, that seems like Treebuzz 9 years ago

Always well stated in opinion as usual Reg.
There are times when one does and when one does not. Situational in my case.
Now.... about that shit stirring ... :lol:

Maybe Reg feels the need to address the Marks of the world cuz Reg is all over youtube and the intensity of feedback he receives from such people prompts a response.

Thanks for taking the time to make this video, Reg. I also would like to think that I am some level above "dummy". My entire career has been done with ambidextrous, one-hand chainsaw use. That is, after all why the top handle was introduced, as you say.

Now I don't make every cut with one hand but I find that when needed, it is very ergonomic and energy efficient. I would not dream of forcing my ways on others and I do get a bit annoyed that so many think they can make my life better/safer if only I did things their way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't care so much about Marks blog, Cory. But I've found his posts very the last couple years progressively contrived, patronizing and elitist. I just don't know who he thinks he is.

There's a time and place for everything. Rules are just guide lines, and sticking to them solely can injure a man as sure as if they didn't know better. That's what experience teaches you.

I've always followed my gut feeling. That's my story...

Was it just luck? 42 years of aerial chainsaw handling and never been cut? Ah, bragging about it will surely jinx me in some way.

Now, you all be careful in the decisions you make in regards to the subject of this post!

I don't care so much about Marks blog, Cory. But I've found his posts very the last couple years progressively contrived, patronizing and elitist. I just don't know who he thinks he is.

There's haters, posers, etc to be found at every point on the compass. Water off a duck's back.

He must have really gotten under your skin. When he sees the attention you've given him he will just be emboldened, not chastened.

Mark Bridge has long been a spokes-person in the schools of safety training, tools and techniques. Like all of his kind there is no grey area in this work. It is all by the rule, or no way at all.

Climbed a sketchy tree today, and in order to dismantle it, some one-handed chainsaw work occurred.
Having this thread to alleviate my conscience is appreciated. IMG_20161126_104144469_HDR-1200x1600.jpg

There's a time and place for everything. Rules are just guide lines, and sticking to them solely can injure a man as sure as if they didn't know better. That's what experience teaches you.

I've always followed my gut feeling. That's my story...

Was it just luck? 42 years of aerial chainsaw handling and never been cut? Ah, bragging about it will surely jinx me in some way.

Now, you all be careful in the decisions you make in regards to the subject of this post!

I mean seriously. . . can anyone argue with this? Great post.

Back