The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

We have some Irony going on here in the neighborhood.
PG&E has started trenching and relocating the power underground. They are using existing roads (currently all the ones recently paved :|: ) trenching down one lane and barely patching it. About killed a buddy of mine on a motor cycle.
At any rate. Right where they have left off, new poles are getting set all down the road.......................

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not every word but I'm familiar with tracking and how the author attributes early man's tracking ability to the onset of scientific reasoning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Free, interesting article about the many problems/issues for humans living off-earth/in space for any large amounts of time

Yeah i don't see it, we're nowhere close, like not even in the ballpark, for all those reasons and more. I also like how the whole premise is that rich people are wanting to vacation in space rather than science or society benefit driven, and they think we're ready to do that because technology, but then they forget they can't even do self driving cars yet. Sounds a lot like the deep sea thing with the x box controller, they would immensely improve earth if they all shot themselves in space :lol:

Any of you seen The Expanse tv series? That looked like a more realistic view(minus the outlandish overall plot) of a space future than is typically seen in media. Not nearly as appealing as Star Trek.

Very interesting.
Particularly the part about the Russian who gave himself an appendectomy in Antarctica..............respect!

Though I haven't read it, this book is probably good. Educational while being entertaining. Both writers have a science background; Kelly more so than Zach, so it isn't just random hacks writing about stuff. I occasionally post SMBC comics(Zach writes them) in the 'funny picture' thread.

I take vitamin d everyday, apparently that helps fight lymphoma. My dr even said that's what they give people with the indolent types, that can't be cured but are slow growing.

If you ever get a chance, go to Carlsbad Caverns at sundown.
See between half and a whole million bats fly out to hunt.
Amazing!!

I love playing tourist guide to Americans in their own country :lol:

This is interesting, sad, and tragic.
Here is a free, related article on the Lewiston ME mass shooter 2 months ago, his rampage may have been due to brain shredding causing psychosis as a result of being an Army hand grenade instructor for years, exposing him to thousands of blasts.

Back