The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

Salmon are too tasty and healthful for their own good.

I eat it occasionally. I could gorge myself, but I consider the native populations of salmon-eating marine animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How bout you, Sean, is the SRKW population a topic in your neck o the woods?

Talking about pollution in rivers and watersheds, do you think GE knew it was destroying the Housatonic river and all the wildlife in and around?

Talking about pollution in rivers and watersheds, do you think GE knew it was destroying the Housatonic river and all the wildlife in and around?

Hell yes. Short term profit over long term wisdom.

I don't know, as I kinda live in a cave.

Orcas are seen locally to me, in the Puget Sound, like really locally, I believe. I've worked at Lime Kiln State park, once, and saw whales in the distance. They have a whale-a-phone/ hydrophone, radio-broadcast on the island to be able to listen to, IIRC. The hydrophone is run by a volunteer woman, IIRC.

Overall, Orcas Are discussed, and salmon is discussed normally. A field trip for the preschoolers, on up in age, is to go see spawning/ dying salmon locally.

You can see the salmon at the fish-ladder http://outdoor-society.com/the-best-salmon-watching-in-olympia-washington/ coming up out of the sound at Capitol Lake (artificial reservoir/ reflection pool for the Capitol Building), downtown Olympia, where the fish are trying go up the Deschutes River, past the defunct Olympia Brewery, on up toward the Deschutes glacier on Mount Rainier.

The Nisqually Glacier comes down to the Nisqually Delta (across the county from me, about 15 miles, maybe less) and the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge.

My next door neighbor is a US Fish and Wildlife salmon restoration biologist. My neighbor 3 doors down is a fisheries biologist for WA state.

One neighbor closer, husband or husband and wife are avid divers.

Friend of mine is a native guy who commercially fishes on tribal waters on the Olympic Peninsula, out Neah Bay-way (very NW tip of the Olympia Peninsula). Dives for Geoduck (gooey-duck), expensive seafood!

Shellfish farms rent tidal lands from landowners for farmed-oysters locally, and recently, they have started growing via 'mussel-rafts' that float, rather than oysters and geoducks on the tidal area floor.

Thanks, lotta good info!

Good on ya!

What does it taste like?

"Meat is a helluva a thing.." But if y'all gonna eat meat, may it be wild or at least grass fed and not factory farmed

I'm sure that's part of the problem, the other part s are that college costs have ballooned to all time highs, as a college degree means less now than ever. Sounds like an interesting place to go, but the stark reality is that most of their graduates from non wealthy families who can't afford to go to another college afterwards will be stuck holding the bill while they are" underemployed" because no one needs employees with a liberal arts degree that was too progressive to even have grades.

Since Cory Booker announced his candidacy today, this seems fitting considering he will likely be a continuation of these failed policies.

https://www.lawcha.org/2016/11/23/b...party-abandoning-unions-working-class-whites/

Interesting comments. Did you happen to read the comments accompanying the article? Some interesting perspectives there too.

No, i didn't read the comments, and i can't click on it again because i only have one other free article this month hahahahaha. I dropped out of college myself, and although i was in engineering, i feel that it was definitely a very wise move. The more i learn about the working world, the more confident i feel that college is for people who are setting themselves up for failure if they go without a technical degree that is greatly in demand.

MB, did I do that? If so, agreed.

09, no doubt a tech oriented degree becomes more relevant and valuable every day, but just by the yin and yang of life, that means you need some liberal arts to balance the straight up tech side of things, imo.

nah, not me. I may have goofed or spaced out once or twice but I'm conscious of whether or not a quote is needed and if so, how much

Back