The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

First one, then now, the other:D

Mindfulness seems to be this weeks Ice Bucket Challenge/Gangnam style/polenta/Wasabi sauce/Ashanti yoga.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mindfulness has been around for centuries afaik, and according to the OP link.

Anywho, I googled the author in the OP, pretty interesting life. And I found another longish, very well written piece imo (in one article on him he said he tries to write so that every sentence will be read; I know, duh, but still an interesting thing to say, and I think his writing reflects it).

I think tree guys and ranchers will get a kick out of this piece, its about a guy who lived in the woods in Maine for 27 years straight, sheltering only in a tent, and survived by stealing from local cabins. They call him the North Pond Hermit.

http://www.gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit

Edit: Im still reading it but lol he freakin loved Lynyrd Skynrd.

He said when the temps went below -20F, survival was brutal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is amazing he wasn't discovered in all that time, camping close to civilization. Btw, Belgrade Lakes is a really beautiful area, we got a meal there this summer.

It does make you wonder why he did it. Humans a capable of such extremes of behavior, it's pretty incredible.

Yesterday I read a lot about a blind guy who lives a nearly normal life by means of sensing his surroundings through echolocation- he clicks with his tongue and listens and processes the sound as it bounces off nearby objects etc. Lets put it this way- he regularly rides a mountain bike on rough trails this way, he's 100% blind.:/:

Cory, I'm calling you out on that one, man rides around on a mountain bike clicking like a dolphin to visualise the surroundings.

Link please.

Jim, I wasn't planning on eating those cows, I'm a vegetarian, remember.

Back