Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

hahaha...how dare you be in the way of a drunk so that he hit you!!!

Alex actually had TWO axle breaks...on one of them the left rear broke and the tire and rim shot past him, crossed oncoming lane of traffic, went down a hill through a gravel parking lot, almost hit a guy, shot up a 4 foot high dirt hill and launched about 30 feet high and into a patch of kudzu. We looked for about two hours in that kudzu for the tire...never did find it. He got lucky on that one.
    Gary

Damn, close call!

Big Jim has the perfect build to become an Ice Swimmer...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/sp...atch.html?_r=1
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Tough sunsabitches!

We go to a hot springs over east that has a cold pool. 34 degrees. The silly bastards skip out of the sauna and splash around a bit in the cold pool.

I like to just go sit in the cold pool. 25 minuets is the longest I have gone. Sometimes the skinny guys try to out last me, but they cant. In fact when they hop out, I always stay and extra 5 minutes...come at me bro!

I have always liked cold water. I hate saunas and hot tubs.
    Is this not a reasonable place to park?

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.

Jim Conrad

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

Lol. Your Inuit blood flows strong!

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterZero View Post
    .come at me bro!

25 min in 34* water????

Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    Lol. Your Inuit blood flows strong!
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Quote Originally Posted by pantheraba View Post
    on one of them the left rear broke and the tire and rim shot past him
    He was lucky.

Next time the jinx worked with me we're flying along and I notice a couple of farmers starring at us. Nothing unusual because I always was overloaded, come to a T intersection and stop, a big cloud of smoke comes past. He looks out and says we're on fire.

Pull over and back wheel smoking, grab some water from a little dam and put it out. Only a few minutes to the dump so I'll sort it out then.

I tell him to watch it. About a mile later he yell's "the wheels coming off". The rope rail stopped it. Had to leave it there that time and get a bearing. Got it sorted the next day though.

I had two more Toyota Stouts after that and never had a problem with them. With that one the previous owner changed the motor, gear box and diff.

Mick. I was legal, truck wasn't. Pretty crook at the time with a misdiagnosed kidney stone and flat broke. That makes that story a lot longer, ambulance guys thought they got called for me. I said no, I look like this most of the time, it's that bloke in the car.

Had to look up kudzu, no wonder you couldn't find it. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0517172302.htm

Hahaha... Nothting like being fire on running down the road. That happened to me once when a tire blew out and disconnected the fender on a chipper. The tire caught on fire. Luckily the half gallon of drinking water I had left in the truck beside me was enough to put out the fire.

Kudzu is bad news. That picture is pretty close to correct. It will consume whole trees. There have been cars with people in them that were missing for years and they were finally found in a kudzu patch.
    Gary

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

That happened to me on a crew once logging too. Smoker tossed a but out and it blew back into a box of grease cartridges and garbage right beside the tidy tank. As we were driving through road construction I commented "what are these idiots staring at?" It was moments later we noticed all the residue on the outside of the tidy tank had lit up. So the tank was literally on fire. That truck stopped and I was a 100 ft away in a instant, while my boss calmly put it out with a fire extinguisher and a smoke dangling from his lips. Loggers!

Loggers!!
    Gary