The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha!

No I haven't heard of those chocolate bars but I do love me some dark chocolate.

Ha! Great recounting of a levelling hit Cory.

I have a lot of respect for the sport of lacrosse. It takes a lot of skill. I played like a brute. No real finesse and played the body way to much.

I remember billeting at a tournament on the coast with this kid who was the captain on his local team. I got to stay in his trophy room. I sh-t you not. Surrounded by his lacrosse trophys, awards and headlines as well as to top it off his similar if not even more outstanding collection of the same, for karate.

We played them and I'll never forget him charging in and me being like oh yah I'm gonna cream this karate kid. And as I checked him brutally hard he kind of went up and back and just slammed one by our goalkeeper. Real finesse. Fidler was that kids last name, but I can't remember their teams name? lol.

Here it wasn't a highschool sport. Only volleyball, basketball, and rugby were high school sports. Every other sport was leagues separate from school that you had to pay to sign up for. Hockey, lacrosse, baseball. I only played lacrosse besides all the free school sports.

How is it where you are Cory? That sounds like some real dedication from your son to stick through from 4th grade and play to such a high level. Is he still playing?

Wow, sounds like the karate kid definitely had the skill to back up his trophy room!

Here it is a big and growing sport. Lots of high schools have it and more colleges are getting it every year. I think lax may be benefitting some from kids shying away from the football safety issues.

My son still plays, he's on the New York Athletic Club team, it is a (duh) club team, they are a good team but it is casual, after initial tryouts, they don't have practices, just games.

There are some studs on that team. This one kid, he has wheels like you can't believe, I sorta think he should try out for the NFL based on speed and athleticism alone. Speed kills!

Never even knew lacrosse existed until a couple years ago.....I thought someone made it up for a movie or something.

It is known as the oldest North American sport, invented by Native Americans back in the day.

Frigging opponents trophy room to sleep in at a tournament ffs. That's why I'll never forget his name. Because he had all sorts of crazy ass trophys with it on it and framed headlines in his own trophy room in high school. Lol. I was kinda like, wow. I mean I had a very modest collection in comparison. To put it mildly. He was a really nice guy too though I remember. Gracious host and winner. Really quite hard to like. Jking.

That's cool that it's a growing sport there. Here's its kind of dying I think. A bit. It's been around forever though in these parts. Your son must be pretty frigging good, you must be proud.

Lacrosse was declared Canada's national sport in 1859. And in 1994 parliament bumped it to the official summer sport and gave hockey the honour of national winter sport.

Lacrosse rules! All this chat makes me feel like tossing a ball around.

Frigging opponents trophy room to sleep in at a tournament ffs.

:lol::lol: That is so funny.

ha, we are proud of him. He's athletic, gets it from his mother. Im much more the grinder type. He's much more smooth and finesse. Seeing those D1 lax days come to an end, :whine: :lol:

How are yu on ice skates Squish?

Ice hockey skates?

I used to be fairly adept on em meself.

Jomo

I'm not very good for a Canadian really. But I can skate and shoot a puck if I had to. Skating and hockey is all the rage around here. We have a cool little local outdoor rink. Free, kept up by our little community of Lavington. Trim ends are supplied by the mill and a local guy looks after it with a Zamboni and everything. It's just an open free for all all winter. Kinda cool.

I used to skate and play hockey, loved it. Kinda hard to find ice outside around here though. I did a a fair bit of roller hockey in my youth as well, a good bit of fun, go easy on me guys.:lol:

:lol:

I liked the term 'agroforestry' made me think of a garden of Eden type place.

Many years ago there was a man that wrecked his Model T Ford on the way to town. Colder than hell and deep snow.

They found him a couple days later, throat cut. He cut his own throat with a pocket knife so he would not freeze to death they figure.

Glad you liked it, Stig. One tidbit that fascinated me was the Bushmen sleeping on the ground uncovered in near freezing temps. And gotta say what pissed me off was reading about the cold water experiments done at Dachau. Can you f'g imagine the despicable souls that ordered and observed that being done?

Geez, Jim!

I was a bit puzzled about the thing with the 16 Danish fishermen, since I've never heard about that.
Then I realized that 1980 was part of the many years when I travelled and worked all over the world, and didn't keep up with the news at all.

Back