The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

I had similar worries when I started living in cities Jim, thing is, there are provisions all over the place already laid up. Might have to fight for em though!

Cool article, it sounds and looks like paradise, looks like maybe some Larch trees in the area?

Great quote-

"You sort of wonder, when you're me, and Ron is your father, how you came to be this person, a writer in Los Angeles who reads and daydreams for a living." :lol:

I will fight to keep mine, not sure I would fight to take away someone else's supplies.

Its interesting when you read a little about the Plains Indian. There were lazy tribes and industrious tribes.

The lazy tribes spent a lot of time learning to be warriors, so they could take the provisions of the industrious tribes. Lesson there.

Aerial coyotes.

Ben Franklin was right, the official bird ought to have been the noble Turkey.

At least you can feed your family with a turkey. Whats a bald eagle good for? Picking over dead animals I guess and causing power outages.

Taste like shit.

Yeah, the Franklin quote about the eagle is a good one. Turned out to be the perfect mascot for U.S. imperialism.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its interesting when you read a little about the Plains Indian. There were lazy tribes and industrious tribes.

The lazy tribes spent a lot of time learning to be warriors, so they could take the provisions of the industrious tribes.

So, the lazy tribes were industrious about learning to make war.

Anyway, that is interesting.

Just curious, can you name a tribe from each side of that dynamic?

Whats a bald eagle good for? Picking over dead animals I guess and causing power outages.

Taste like shit.

You've tasted an eagle? Do they actually get fried fairly often on power lines?

No, I have not partaken in flying rat, filthy beggars.

But yes, they, along with our numerous golden eagles, get electrocuted once in a while. Sometimes even falling to earth while burning, starting a nice little fire on the ground.

I will have to look around for some info about the different tribes Cory.

Most times it was particular bands of larger tribes or types of Indians. Its been some time since my studies in college.

My best bud from high school did the pacific crest trail end to end, Mexico to Canada, straight out of high school. Man I wanted to do it so bad too. We planned it all together, read all the books, planned out the drops. I had no funding though, I went logging while he went walking. Such is life. He road on the back of another buddies motorbike down to Mexico and then walked back.

Crazy job. I never would've guessed it was a job, but it makes sense I guess. The only way to somewhat try to control men fishing is to have independent observers. Wow. I bet there's no corruption at all in that line of work.

Good article

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9yHIsQhVxGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was awesome

Back