Dying Fir

Thanks again

Chris I used the Stein Skywalker puller, which, if nothing else works better with the wrench than the Dmm hitchclimberView attachment 75214

Hi Reg, I'm sorry to be so thick headed (maybe my engineering background is just causing me not to be able to see clearly), but I am wondering how you are connecting the Stein Skywalker to your RW setup? It looks like you are using a WesSpur 10" Stiffy tether. Do you connect the tether on the inside of the Skywalker pulley first (on one side) and then run your carabiner through the hitch cord, tether, Skywalker pulley and back out the other side through the other end of the hitch cord??

Also, if you look at your video on the Lagoon RD Zipline at 2:07 minutes into the video, it looks like you have 2 HMS biners for your RW setup, on your Skywalker pulley. Is this what you are running today?

The only reason that I am asking so many questions is because all I have ever used for my RW is a DMM Hitch Climber pulley, with an Oceans Tether which captures everything into the low bottom hole on the pulley, but you and others say the Stein Skywalker works better for self-tailing than the Hitch Climber and I have a bad (or maybe not so bad) habit of always tweaking my SRT system to find which works best...for me.

Thanks buddy.

Any pictures would be very helpful. Sorry to be a bother my friend, as I know you are very busy right now.

Thanks Reg,
Chris

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's all on the one carabiner Chris. Lagoon Rd was some years ago....that setup wasn't the best. So from the climbers perspective, from left to right on the Carabiner: cord-pulley-tether-cord.

Just saw the video.
Loved it, Love the ethereal music paired with the surreal fogscape of BC's woods.

Enchanted corner of the world.

Back