Dying Fir

RegC

TreeHouser
A tall skinny one in Sooke this morning. Measured it at 160. Nice still day.

Use HD setting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jJ2EnJjrVFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spooky music to go with the weather.

Way to make em land flat.

Was it a leave-all? (no clean up)

I liked that a lot...serene. Good music for the work. The flat drop pieces were well done.

No talk, just good work. Beautiful vista you showed, too.

I liked the different angles with camera, great job and glad you got up another video :thumbup:

How did you keep your head that stationary when climbing the tree? Looked surreal to me. It did stabilize the image well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.

No cleanup Cory:thumbup:

I was just lucky keeping my head still. Wasn't something I was conscious of.

I noticed the token dislike I get on each and every youtube video. Always about the same time. A subscriber no doubt, whose sole purpose is to hit the dislike button. Proba ly someone who knows me in person. What a wanker !

Geeze, that was fun to watch.

I am not sure what I like better, looking at trees in that landscape or listening to the sound of the breeze in the trees.....I think its the sound.

I dont know, maybe I would have made a treeman in another life.......I found myself saying, " I bet he is gonna shut that saw off and finish that cut with his hand saw."

Nice work Reg, liked it a lot.

I dont know, maybe I would have made a treeman in another life.......I found myself saying, " I bet he is gonna shut that saw off and finish that cut with his hand saw."

There's still time!!!!!!

How did you keep your head that stationary when climbing the tree? Looked surreal to me. It did stabilize the image well.

Probably got a bit of Kingfisher genes somewhere.

Nice video, Reg.

Beautiful view you captured up there Reg!

How were you getting those first few logs to come off so flat? I really struggle with that. . .

Is that newer 201 of yours making the grade? I'm thinking about looking for one tomorrow while I'm home, in all this civilization. . .

cheers! And happy thanksgiving!

I'm in love with that 200t. Beats a 540 any day of the week. Got one in my garage that I've been too stupid and lazy to fix up.

That vid was exceptional, and so stylistically preferable to the more studioized versions available elsewhere... put me in mind of the world-famous "Coffee Break," old-growth Fir vid. You Canadians have all the fun. (They don't have a Green With Envy, emoticon.)

Almost forgot to mention: LOVE the Buckin Billy FastMotion chainsaw stuff.

I cranked up my 200t after it had sat dormant in my tool box for over 2 years. It fired up on the 4th pull and ran like a champ!

Grendal. The flat landing is down to how much spin is needed, depending on the height and the length of log youre cutting. The width of the face cut is generally how I gauge it. If youre just making snap cuts, then just push the butt hard off the stump when the log is tipped at about 45-60 degrees. That usually does it.

And that was a 200, as mentioned by Jed already. I have 3 now. Very happy:)

Another great video, Reg. Thanks for shooting it and sharing it. I take it you've figured out a way to securely attach a short "selfie" stick to the top of the helmet, which provides that nice whole-body view of you as you flip line up during the initial ascent. Another great angle of view you've found, there. Thanks again.

Tim

Loved the video Reg! Awesome scenery and music as well.

Quick question. What do you use for your chest harness and Rope Wrench pulley for self-tending?

Thanks again

Chris I used the Stein Skywalker puller, which, if nothing else works better with the wrench than the Dmm hitchclimber....and that the swing chest harness.....swing being the guy from Barbados who might be a member here too. It's the best tending system ive used. You where it throughout and don't even notice. And there's no risk of it choking you. Unlike the neck tether thing, I could never understand. 2016-08-25 07.55.02.jpg

Back