I'm Done With Cable TV!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I've been paying $160 a month for cable TV and internet. I watch maybe 6 or 7 channels out of ALL the bullshit channels that my provider offers.

I purchased an HD antenna for around $75. It brings in NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX and a couple other channels in crystal clear HD, for FREE. Anything else I like is either on Netflix or somewhere online.

My bill was reduced one hundred dollars.

friggin' bastards! Charging $100 for basic cable!

No more from me...

We can get channels on an antenna too, like 12 of em.

With that and Netflix, Hulu and something called Roku you can watch all you want.

Seriously thinking about doing this too.

We are paying 80 bucks for internet and phone, plus another 100 for satellite tv. If I could get my tv down to 40 or 50 I would be pleased.

We have only had cable internet and an antenna... we bought the antenna so she could watch the World Series a year or two back. We stream via Netflix, Vudu, and HBO Now (we also have Amazon and had Hulu Plus). Due to our bandwidth usage, we had to up our internet from $58/month to $88/month, also came with a speed increase. I just did a speed test via wireless and clocked a 15ms ping, 166Mbs down, and 5Mbs up.

I don't care to watch broadcast television any more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a whole 'nother story.

I don't wanna live in the stone age.

I likes some entertainment.

Mine is about 180 a month.TV phone internet .Rather high I think .The cell phone which is the cheapest Verizon has is 30,no contract .

I went many years without TV...it got reintroduced to my home when I got married. Now she's gone but the TV still sits there. Usually check the weather channel on it.

I have a tv for Netflix and movies, in its own room in the basement. No other Tvs in the house. Haven't had broadcasted TV in about 15 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I actually like many commercials. They put an effort into them nowadays so you won't hit the mute button.

Back