In The (fake) News...

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
That's cool. I couldnt read the OP link cuz NYT shut me down. But some random guy said the Trump protests were from paid protesters, is that the gist of that link?

Anyway, fake news is good, keeps peeps on their toes and discriminating.

I mean, really? Give me a break.

The same media outlets that were cheering the second Iraq war were the one that the Castros used to take over Cuba.

They told us the world needed democracy. They have told us that the Saudis are our friends. Told us that we should force a war with Russia, that Brexit would never happen, Trump would never be president, and that ISIS is the worst thing to come down the pike since Joseph McCarthy.

This whole fake news witch hunt is nothing more than a Main Stream media hail Mary to try to save ANY credibility they can. They don't deserve your loyalty. It has not been "journalism" for many many years.

I for one will continue to read Breitbart, BBC, Huff po, RT news, Fox and CNN. None of it is worth a shit but you can get some clues.

If you listen to what they tell you and believe half or the exact opposite then you are on the right path.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought breitbart was for people with Velcro shoes....

I wonder why the news is such a big deal. Everyone wants to be well informed I guess. Better to gather news with your own senses and sources I says.

I saw this video posted on another forum, great little vid. I have always known to be leery of misinformation and that it is was everywhere. I guess I've been lulled to sleep in my recent domestication.... I thought that Wiki was decent and trustworthy, but it makes sense.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-bYAQ-ZZtEU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice find, Levi. That was a good explanation of why reading "the news" headlines that so often start with "doctors, scientists or experts have found...." can be sooo far from the truth. We have been conditioned so strongly to accept what those individuals say that we treat it like gospel even though that may not be what they said at all.

People keep looking till they find the interpretation of events they want to read, that confirms what they think. Gives them a warm fuzzy feeling.

These days with so many news outlets it's not too hard to find.

Back