Safety suggestion for a non-climber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Ray,

I'm pretty happy right on the ground...Never really cared much for that tower work either. lol

You're right about wanting to help out a friend and without having you guys around for advice I probably would have just jumped right in.

I did look in Craigs list and there are several people listed in there that I was not aware of (and I doubt he was either).

Thanks for the help guys!

Paul

You can also call Nick Bonner at Tree Stuff and get some names of tree guys close to you. Bet he knows a few. Rajan might know a few as well. flushcut here in the house.

Good idea...

We're looking at central WI around the Wausau area...I'll see if my friend found anybody on CL....

With throwline, rope, LUCK, maybe truck might could get lucky w/o climb,
wouldn't think make any more expensive to remove if didn't work;
unless got real stupid w/truck.
Hard to tell if open area to slide to right into;
or flip to vertical/slide down.
Also might be decayed/crunchy branch to aid in it's own removal under pressure.
Can make temp throwbag w/dirt in red mechanix rag;
hard weights bounce away from target and hurt head.
there is even crotch over target/direction, but probably not a good bet here.
Just an alternative thought!

Yeah, I left that on the table for the guy.

If he still couldn't find anyone before winter sets in, we could give that a try and then he could get a pro to come over in spring and clean things up.

I've not read any comments as I could get upset if anyone gives you advice on how to climb.

It's very simple really "Say no"

To climb the tree with the wrong gear, no experience and as importantly 'no' second climber on site to rescue you in an accident situation is just bad practice.

IF he climbed this would be a simple grab the limb, free it and push it so it falls about 25 feet. No chainsaws...likelihood of needing rescue almost nil.

Also, LOTS of folks climb and probably almost never have access to another climber on site....especially one that could actually execute a rescue.

But it is a good ideal...just hard to achieve.

Back