How much do you weigh?

6'3" 320. Highest was 375, used to be 260-270 summer weight. What little climbing I did was at about 265. That sucks in spikes. I have a Buckingham Universal in xl. They make saddles for just about any size. I should be 220 or 230. Not much muscle left these days.

That's what I thought too Dave.

I got under the measuring stick at the doctor a month or so ago to show Richard boy it would not hurt.

Nurse said 6'4" but she was only 5' or so. Maybe she read it wrong! Probably!

I was 325 this spring, but the horrors of farming put another 25 on me.

Big Ole tree and saw!

I have a set of spurs that EMR Eric sold me. Still looking for a lanyard and extra large saddle.

When I buy pants the waist says 40 or 42. Not sure if they make a saddle that big.

My inseam is 34, so kind of like an orange on a tooth pick. Probably flip upside down if hanging from a rope.
Dude! I can hook you up with a lanyard..... If you wait a bit, I might be able to hook you up with a saddle too. Long story on the saddle but I'd splice you up a lanyard if you want.

Us big guys need to stick together. I'm 6'1" and 250. Every saddle I've ever owned would fit up to 42" waist easy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ideal climbing weight can depend on what your primary jobs are. For fine tip pruning it's helpful to be lighter. For mostly removals mass can be your friend. Big guys can do fine pruning and smaller climbers can do removals but more finesse is required.
And Jim can just push trees over. Like a grizzly bear

Al, you really 6'? I swear, all these years, I thought of you as a much shorter man. The only reference I have used to gather that is your avatar, it makes you look short.

That's wild, funny how we picture someone in our mind, not having ever seen them.

That is funny. I always thought from his avatar pic that he was six feet, six inches.

An impertinent question for those who rope up or spike up trees - how much do you weigh?

You successfully spike up trees?

I know I'm being an overly sensitive little flower, but why is it that the guy who started this thread up has not yet chimed in with his own stats? That would have seemed like the appropriate thing to do in the opening post. Lead off with the information that you are asking others to give up.

Having said all of that, because of the generous nature of all of the veteran climbers on this forum who have given up their data, I shall give up mine. It has been a few days at least since I've last weighed myself, but my best recollection is that I weigh about 173 pounds, at five feet, six inches in height. If I were pumping iron on a regular basis and running on top of that, I would probably be ripped at around 153 to 156 pounds, just guessing. So right now I'm about twenty pounds overweight.

There are Old Climbers , there are Fat Climbers ... Prob no Old Fat Climbers though.

So, it looks like I just proved that theory wrong! :lol:

Thank you SRT, and Kevin Bingham, and Paul Cox, Gordon, etc. Jaime coming up on the outside! SRT makes it possible for even fat guys like me to climb with relative ease.
:thumbup:

Tim

That's what I thought too Dave.

I got under the measuring stick at the doctor a month or so ago to show Richard boy it would not hurt.

Nurse said 6'4" but she was only 5' or so. Maybe she read it wrong! Probably!

I was 325 this spring, but the horrors of farming put another 25 on me.

Yeah, that sounds like a parallax problem. Lucky she didn't end up recording it as 6'8".

I measured out at 6 foot on the dot and 287 lbs. Seems like when im not climbing or logging I drop down to 220 but the minute i start running saws i gain it back.

So is Jim the biggest and I'm the smallest...?

And is 'biggest', by height or mass...you lot could probably stick me in one of your APTAs and pull the trigger, be a quick way to get up the tree.

You save on food?
:lol:
Not really, either I burn all what I eat, or I don't take all inside. That's funny, I can hardly stock up, but I can easily skip a meal, even during climb work.
It's my weigh from my 20-30 years old. I maxed with 3 kg more about 40-45 y.o., before I became an arborist.
Now, it's all muscles, I'm stronger than before, thanks to the tree climbing.
But no fat to keep warm in winter. I'm very miserable in the cold.

So is Jim the biggest and I'm the smallest...?

Dear lady size has nothing to do with it .My daughter,all 5 foot 105 pounds is pound for pound as strong as anybody on this site .Try walking on your hands or doing a one armed hand stand sometime .I can't but she can and she just turned 40 a few days ago .Dynamite comes in small packages they say .;)

Fi is the bomb, I dare anyone of us to even try to compete :).

My dear wife and many years my climbing partner M has a few inches in our friend Fiona, and carries the same weight even now at 63 years. That really puts the ladies ahead when it comes to getting out in the smallwood, let me testify.

5'11" 150lbs wet. When clients ask if I'm scared about the tree breaking my ground guy likes to tell them about a bird that landed on a branch beside me in a tree once and it bent the branch more than I did.

5'8", 165# (173cm, 75kg) and zero muscle tone. :lol:

While tree work has DEFINITELY reinforced the need to get back in shape, it's also the problem: too much gear on squat rack!

i-SFDfSB9-XL.jpg

Back