More crazy Russian video

He didn't ask you if you "went crazy" over food.

He was wondering if you had any nice restaurants around.

Do you know what a restaurant is?

I ate at a Russian food restaurant awhile back, not one in Russia but still... My second time there. The food is really great and you walk out happy. No patrons in there acted crazy and I restrained myself. Eating with a fork and not chopsticks is nice.

The only one I know is beet soup, borscht I think it's called. Pirogi's? Those are pretty good.

One of my favorite things to do is to read about what people from other countries like to eat.

I think I could do quite well in Eastern Europe.

I dont know, it just seems like a good way to try and understand people, finding out what they like to eat.

My uncle went to Russia several times when he worked for George Schultz at the Hoover Institute. He got sick each time and has nothing good to say about it.

I would like to travel someday and find out for myself.

Agreed, Wikipedia is great. I've never ponied up any dollars for them though, npr either. One of these days I'll donate...

Not sure origins, but stapatchki is good, with cottage cheese and bacon. GF has been hankerin' fo sum! AFAIK most peasant food is pretty common among eastern european.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you know what a restaurant is?

Just to give you, guys an idea how big difference does exist between our cultures I will try to explain what word restaurant realy mean to Andrey.
let's start with history
Soviet Union time any person visiting restaurant appear under strictly KGB attention officially it wasn't prohibited
but it was very, very suspicious. Restaurant was taken like a kind of Western culture element, foreign to Communists element.

In the end of last, in the beginning of this century the situation has dramatically changed, kurupt former KGB agents and mafioso did use restaurants as a kind of field of battle. Day by day you can read in a newspaper how competitive gangster shoot each other in a restaurant. So visit a restaurant become risking life .
And the last but certainly not least. Traditions of Russian hospitality is completely different. Invite a guest ore a friend to a restaurant, will be kind of abuse. Like I don't trust you. And I suspect that you can steal silver and rape my girlfriend.

Very interesting!..thanks for sharing that, helps us to understand different cultures ;)

Uhh, risking life with crazy tree cutting is ok, but going out for supper is not ok, because it's crazy? ;)

I hope you've never seen a pregnant woman with a gunshot.
And if you have seen, I pray to God that it was not your wife.

Wow. All of a sudden Russia seems a little rougher than I imagined it?

I'm not looking to shoot, get shot, rape or get raped, or generally be harassed in any way when I head out for a bite to eat at a restaurant.

I'm not looking to shoot, get shot, rape or get raped, or generally be harassed in any way when I head out for a bite to eat at a restaurant.

lucky you

Have you been to Toronto??? ;)

Is it a translation problem, is the comrade drunk, or what?:?

Back