More crazy Russian video

There's some real scary stuff on youtube of people diving super deep holes using special breathing mixes. Potential disorientation seems to be a real problem, simple tasks can become very difficult, one reason some are still down there in the darkness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We can understand the Americans never. You caming mad because of the BC fun . But without a doubt dive to 70 feet without proper training and partner. Never dive deeper than 30 feet without a safety line and partner. I usually dive 50-70 feet in the Red sea looking at fish and enjoy marine life. But never have done that without a partner which can dive 30.

At least in the states, the rule with scuba is to always dive with a buddy. I don't think it is emphasized nearly as much if at all when free diving.

Chris, eerie when you are down into it, and strange when you come upon it. It's an unusual submarine canyon because the edge of it at one point is only a couple hundred meters from shore at a place called Moss Landing. I wasn't sure what we'd find kicking out to it, would it be a gradual incline or a sheer drop off? Where we came upon it, it is in fact a kind of drop off ledge that just abruptly starts, but the bottom in that area on up to the ledge and on the sides was sandy gravel like, not a totally vertical ledge, but a steep enough angle like about sixty degrees, that as I mentioned, the sand on the sides was perpetually sliding down into the void. Neither of us had ever dove so deep. My friend went on to become a dive tender, mostly working on oil rigs all over the world. His brother became a professional diver also on the rigs. The trench dive is a cool memory in my mind.

Attachments

• MBARI.jpg
    MBARI.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 69
That's some interesting geography Jay, the beginning looks to correspond with that river however thats likely a coincidence more than anything. Some images of cave diving I've seen are pretty epic, amazing water clarity and enormous structures...

I'd rather be just blind, which diabetes will do to you, then be blind with a bad liver. A good friend of mine had a bad liver, not from drinking, from getting bad blood in the hospital when just a kid. It sucks.

The russian was just a flash in the pan?

Yeah, I was hoping they'd stick around, I love reading the broken English.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd stick around, I love reading the broken English.

Which is exactly the kind of comment that makes us foreigners want to stick around.

How good is your Russian?

The broken English statement seems normal and funny to us. But then I thought about it and realized how we come off to world sometimes.

Back