Zip line

Page

TreeHouser
I set up a sweet zip line the other day for a sycamore over a bunch of wires. Had a good video too but it accidentally got erased. So here is a diagram of what I did.
20161024_212431.jpg
I've done simple versions before but this was my first time being more technical about it. The control line and pull line were only necessary for the lower branches. After that the pull line wasn't used and the control line was more of just a return line. The orange rigging lines worked fine. I used a 50' rope with a mid line bowline in it connected to the rigging paw giving me 2 25' legs to work with. I didn't always need that amount of rope so they would sometimes be half hitched to take up slack or tied off with a mid line Clove hitch of sorts. In retrospect I'll use straps with prusiks attached to the rig lines. Seems it would be faster. Every thing worked quite well. The only down side was that I couldn't set the lines with a pole so there was a lot of up and down and limb walking for me. Saved us a bunch of time and kept us all moving pretty quick. Wires were not an issue. I'll perfect it in time

Wish I could see the video. Did one today as well but no control line. Only zipped one piece of wood and it should've had one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We did all but a few branches on the zip line. Mostly full leads. Luckily I didn't have to do the wood that way. Was able to half the tree just above the wires and then fell the remainder. I wouldn't mind seeing some other diagrams or videos if anyone's gottem'

Be careful of how much weight you put on that system the number jump significantly when the high line is tensioned. Jack posted a video with lots of good info a while back.

Back