The hemp thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it outlawed there? I buy mine at Whole Foods.

I don't know for sure, but probably. Many people would be thinking that the next stop after the milk would be heroin. Maybe wanting sex with lamp posts.

Hemp milk is some good stuff, Cory. I especially enjoy hemp ice cream.

Edit, hemp pants and shirts are quite nice as well.

I don't know for sure, but probably. Many people would be thinking that the next stop after the milk would be heroin. Maybe wanting sex with lamp posts.

Yeah, it's sad but true. Too many people think drugs when they hear hemp, far from true.

If commercial hemp production was taken seriously it could change the world for the better. As far as I know hemp is the oldest domestic plant known to man.

The story I heard was that a timber baron and his money were/are responsible for the 100+ year smear campaign against hemp.

Yup.

That link in the OP shows the rather amazing benefits of hemp

Yeah, it's sad but true. Too many people think drugs when they hear hemp, far from true.

If commercial hemp production was taken seriously it could change the world for the better. As far as I know hemp is the oldest domestic plant known to man.

The story I heard was that a timber baron and his money were/are responsible for the 100+ year smear campaign against hemp.

Nope. FBI agent.

Good link, Cory, sorry for posting before I read it:|:

Stig, do you have any info to back that up? I wouldn't be surprised, I just can't find any supportive info for your claim or mine. I can't remember where I heard the timber baron theory but this quote from Cory's article may back up that theory to a certain degree

"On an annual basis, 1 acre of hemp will produce as much paper as 2 to 4 acres of trees."

These are good reads as well:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_history_of_cannabis_in_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

I've had some nice hemp polo shirts, they have a nice texture,quite durable and very comfortaeble. There are people making obscene profits at the moment flogging off cbd/hemp oil - oil extracted from commercial hemp plants and they are selling it for hundreds of dollars when it must cost around 3-5 dollars to produce.

Um, huh?

:lol::lol:

You just wait, as soon as someone who has a hair cut and drives a diesel pickup starts raising hemp all the magic will be out of it for youse guys.

Its only cool if someone has a tenth acre of hemp back in the hills, living off rain water and crapping in a bucket.

Anyway, just kidding.

It really died after the War Hemp Industries shut down after WW2.

Interesting process. International Harvester had a full line of hemp machinery.

I think the retting process would be difficult to wait through.

I think possibly we are well and truly past peak demand for hemp products, hemp was scuppered before it could take off. I had always heard it was intense lobbying from cotton interests that had it shutdown back in the day.

Took a lil getting used to, Its pretty good now.

Back