Bad Day due to dirtbags

I honestly don't view thieves much differently than what I do a wild animal that becomes a pest. not that I would shoot a thief ( well not a kill shot ), but he won't get away Scott free either.

Ha, I'd believe I'd much sooner shoot a thief than a wild animal.

You might catch someone with that mentality and they seem so pathetic that it takes your strength away to do them any physical harm. If you could painlessly just grind them out with your foot like a tossed cigarette butt then walk on.

I hear ya, Jay, you've said that before and I get it. If the perp were to be ventilated, even if it didn't yield satisfaction, at least he won't be stealing from you or others ever again :thumbup:

People will break into anything. Especially when they know they're after recently insurance-replaced items. Repeat burglaries common.

I started locking my saws and blower together, with chains and padlock, in the truck. No pry-and grab. I need the chains onboard anyway.

I am sure it was just a lonely soul that needed some money to buy his kids a new pair of shoes or wanted to take his girlfriend on a date to a nicer restaurant..........

.....or it could have been a jacked up meth/crack head

You need to fabricate something around the lock that blocks bolt cutters.

I wish I could take of pic of my buddy's set-up. He rigged it up after someone just cut the locks and stole all his stuff.

No way that can happen now.

You'd have to grind of the metal bracket protecting the lock, then grind off the lock.

That would take time and be noisy.

But I hear you!

All the boxes on my last boom truck had covered padlocks to supplement the crap locks that are on the normal latches. As well as the pins which are a pita but make it pretty much bulletproof against thriving. The pins that slide right through the whole door that you have to raise the dump box to remove or employ. Not all boxes on all configurations can utilize those but they're pretty bomber.

I recall a thread, now sometime back, that Nice Guy Dave started: all about getting some items being stolen out of his utility shed, and before the thread was over the thieves returned to take the shed, his drift boat and even the kitchen sink.

It was like Carte Blanc.

Jerry, i remember that too, Dave being hit hard. I think he mentioned something about being confident that it had something to so with a reservation located nearby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went and got a 461 and a 201tc. Do the 201tc's have the mtronic tuning stuff going on?

It doesn't say tcm

All the boxes on my last boom truck had covered padlocks to supplement the crap locks that are on the normal latches. As well as the pins which are a pita but make it pretty much bulletproof against thriving. The pins that slide right through the whole door that you have to raise the dump box to remove or employ. Not all boxes on all configurations can utilize those but they're pretty bomber.

Ha, they can still pry the box on the side with a crowbar with the doors pinned and locks covered. Flipping thieves, addiction is a powerful force. Advice: have good insurance.

Does anyone here think that something like a panel van, or one of those cargo haulers they make, that have completely metal enclosed sides, would stop thieves like this? I think Ford makes a vehicle called the Transit Connect, that works like that. Or do you all think it's required to pull the vehicle into a secure enclosure every night, too?

It does make you mad, and want someone caught and punished for the crime. Leeches.

Tim

I doubt a van is the solution, some people prefer them as its harder to predict whats contained within however they offer no greater physical security of contents.

Hey, Chris! Thanks for this answer. Have you found a particular type of vehicle that is more secure, or does no such thing exist? Thanks in advance for any answers you choose to give.

Tim

Ha, they can still pry the box on the side with a crowbar with the doors pinned and locks covered. Flipping thieves, addiction is a powerful force. Advice: have good insurance.

I believe it. I've always had good parking at home so really I just needed something to slow them down enough for the dogs to set upon them.

Back