Bad Day due to dirtbags

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ian, how did they get into the boxes?

Sounds like they might have been out of their minds on drugs looking for some quick cash... maybe you can catch your saws at a local pawn shop / craigslist?

I've been through most local pawn shops and through craigslist in surrounding areas. Will keep checking both options though for sure. Apparently, the sheriff dept gets a pawn report everyday. They said they will keep an eye on that. I'll keep checking in with them frequently.

Yes. Very likely they were on some kind of drugs. Meth is not real uncommon around here unfortunately.

Dogs are great, even if they don't maim intruders they can at least wake you up.
Sometimes the dog gets maimed. Had a bear come in my yard this week after a deer I had quartered up in a cooler on my porch and my dog must've taken a swat from him trying to defend it. He's got a pretty good gash on his side. The bear got the deer anyway and wrecked my chain link gate. Sadly, I slept right through it.

So sorry for your loss Ian.

I hate loading and unloading all my tools everyday but I know my windows would be smashed out the first night I left a saw on the seat.

Damn that was a pretty 'manly' bear, Ray, hope your pup heals up well

He's not very big but he's got grit Cory, he's going to be fine. I truly hate losing all the venison though. The bear had to make several trips in and out of the gate to get it all. I'm sure it's the same bear that nearly ran my wife down as she was riding her bicycle a few days ago. I don't think he was after her but it scared her pretty bad.
You're right Stephen, sounds like he's a big'un too.

Hmm, sounds like he might be a marked bear, now. He'd Better stay clear of Ray's 'hood, kinda wore out his welcome.

Sucks about the gear, I can feel the pain. Sure enough that you will feel better when back working again. Disgusting pathetic thieves, lower than low.

Ray, wouldn't you be expecting that Bear to come back? I remember in the vid of that trapper living isolated up in the arctic circle, he said that if a Bear came into his camp and found eats, it surely would be coming back. During the vid he took care of the one that did. He had a lot of meat around his cabin though, stored in metal drums and stuff. He'd lost a dog or two.

Time for SSandSU Ray.
I honestly don't view thieves much differently than what I do a wild animal that becomes a pest. not that I would shoot a thief ( well not a kill shot ), but he won't get away Scott free either.

Hmm, sounds like he might be a marked bear, now. He'd Better stay clear of Ray's 'hood, kinda wore out his welcome.
We'll just leave it at this Jay.
It would take a mighty big trap for a 4-600 pound black bear. The Game Commission uses culvert traps but a lot of the big bears are wise to them. And when they do catch one, they'll haul it 40 miles up in the National forest and it's back in a week.

The fact that you said they left some valuable things is reason to believe they'll come back to get it. Real sorry to hear and hope you can recoup you loss easily.

Valid and concerning point. Thank you. I'll certainly be doing my best to change the outcome if there is a next time.

Does anyone here think that something like a panel van, or one of those cargo haulers they make, that have completely metal enclosed sides, would stop thieves like this? I think Ford makes a vehicle called the Transit Connect, that works like that. Or do you all think it's required to pull the vehicle into a secure enclosure every night, too?

It does make you mad, and want someone caught and punished for the crime. Leeches.

Tim

I would like to hook a livestock electric fence charger up and then have video of thieves when they go to steal getting the shock of their life.

It sucks you got robbed. Low life scum bags. I don't know if I could control myself if I caught one.

A local guy had a weed growing op. He had some kids break in and he caught them. Held them captive and tortured them for too long. The getaway driver got nervous and called his mommy. Cops came and arrested the grower. Should have given them sore nuts and ribs and told them if they come back they will end up dead and send them on their way. They guy got off pretty easy for growing, kidnapping,and guns involved. Didn't lose his place anyway.

Heroin heads, you will never see those saws again. Have any insurance?

Yeah. I have insurance. Had the same company for about 6 years. Never asked for a nickel. Guess I'll find out what they're like to deal with, unfortunately. I know they said they won't do anything until they have a police report. The Officer said it would likely be a week from when I initiated the report (last Friday) until I actually get the report.

My agent mentioned that there would be depreciation on the claim. That concerns me...

They should start working with a case number that should be given almost immediately. Depreciation should only affect you if you don't replace everything. They depreciated me $1700 when you send in reciepts they should send that check ime

Back