Bad Day due to dirtbags

You can get tool box alarms as well. It makes good sense to try and slow their progress as much as possible with multiple layers of defence, hopefully to the point they have to give up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In couple weeks will have BRIGHT motion sensor lights, camera (ir, hd) systems at both locations.

Any thoughts from anyone on the new 201tc I bought? Is that M-tronic? Always had 200's and 201's.

461 seems alright but man I miss my 460 with the full wrap. And definitely missing both of the 660's bad lately.

Gonna take me a while to get over.

Found out that ONLY ONE of the Stihl dealers we have been using for years (there's 7 around) have actually been registering our shit. Sucks cause I thought they had the serial numbers like they are supposed to. I know, I shoulda wrote them down too...

Can't get this shit off my mind and the more I think about it the more I realize how naive/stupid I was about many things...

Don't get bummed too much, it's hard to avoid being a target of rotten thieves. A PITA but I can spend half an hour at the end of a day dragging gear into the house/shop.

Don't get bummed too much, it's hard to avoid being a target of rotten thieves. A PITA but I can spend half an hour at the end of a day dragging gear into the house/shop.

True. And really, I've got so many things to be grateful for. And I know we'll bounce back quick. Those thieving turds will end up with maybe enough cash to get messed up for couple days. A year from now this will just be something to look back at as a learning experience and think about how lucky I am that they didn't take anything else. Relatively cheap lesson I guess. Just hard to stomach now.

We suffer a couple/few thousand dollar loss and a handful of days (and that's just me being stubborn and pissed), and they'll end up in prison eventually I would bet. And now we are taking steps to better our security both from thieves and thinking more about financial backup security too.

Learning experiences are good, but damn they can be hard.

Can say I'd for sure rather be me and in my situation, than be them and in their situation...even if they do have my saws.

Realized how much those saws meant to me. Kind of a sentimental loss too. Maybe that's silly, but it's how I feel

That's a real bummer Ian. Seems like it might have been stolen by someone that maybe knows you and knows enough to leave behind a good looking saw that happens to not run. Things are most often stolen from people who know you.

Well crap, I can really understand sentiment. I love my saws. Love all my equipment.

Having typed that, I think I'm strange.

Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off.
It takes me awhile at the end of a tiring day to bring my climbing gear, Hobbs H2, ropes, etc inside the house, but I sleep better for doing same. I would hate to think of the grim finality and consequences of actually happening upon a thief stealing my means to a livelihood.

Some years ago I was working in my shop one afternoon and heard a sound outside like my car door opening. I went out there and saw some boots sticking out the passenger door from a guy laying across the seat going through the glove compartment. I got his ass out and it was a disheveled grizzled old bearded guy, looked homeless. There was a problem around that time of homeless getting into second homes in the area and staying there. He started saying right away, "Don't hit me, don't hit me". It seemed like someone must have hit him before to make him paranoid. He had a beat up paper bag that he was holding and i had him show me what was inside. In it was a a partially eaten piece of bread. I told him to get the hell out of there and I didn't want to see him around there again. He moseyed off down the lane. After, I realized that he had palmed some coins that were in a tray. Maybe I should have called the cops, but without giving it a whole lot of thought, it just seemed that there wasn't much point. The dregs of society that prey off others, maybe get rid of one for awhile but there still are going to be more.

Well...Temporarily screwed out of tree work....

This week somebody stole all my work saws out of our F550. Parked in it's normal spot where it's ben 90% of nights for years.
If someone hasn't mentioned this already wondering about people you work with - someone who knew about your stuff and where it would be.

I hate to think that,understand it's very likely
Any thoughts on 201 tc ? breakin period? tuning ( is it possiboe):? Bettr air fiter?

Thoughts on 461? gotta break in too?

Back