Bad Day due to dirtbags

ianwhite

TreeHouser
Well...Temporarily screwed out of tree work....

This week somebody stole all my work saws out of our F550. Parked in it's normal spot where it's ben 90% of nights for years.

Figured I'd put something on here in case somebody happens hear anything. I know it's a long shot, but just trying everything I can. Fuckers took the tools that feed, clothe, and house my almost 3y/o son and my wonderful wife. Have gone from shocked, to heartbroken, to confused, to pissed, and everything in between time and time again.

All Stihl

1 660 with a 47" bar
1 660 with a 25" bar
1 460 with a 20" bar
1 201T with a 14" bar.

Hoping I can manage to salvage some of the old saws I have in the shop. Hopefully get back to work before the long drawn out process of dealing with the insurance. That's going to take too long to just sit around and wait.

Anybody hears anything that leads to finding these saws, I'd be more than happy to offer a substantial reward.

Thanks for reading.

That sucks man. Absolute low life's.

Don't take this the wrong way but can't you buy a couple of saws to keep going? Just when I had my tree co, I never thought much about buying a saw or two when needed.

Sorry to hear about this.
Squish is right, get proactive.
Phone up some mates in the industry to see if they've got a topper you can borrow, most of us have a spare or two.
And/or get on to your Stihl agent and get one and a ground saw on credit or with a down payment. This is where using your local dealer over the years pays dividends.

Don't wallow, fight back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That sucks man. Absolute low life's.

Don't take this the wrong way but can't you buy a couple of saws to keep going? Just when I had my tree co, I never thought much about buying a saw or two when needed.

Yeah I hear ya. I can. Just really pisses me off to have to do that. Had several unanticipated mechanical issues lately that have seriously depleted my back up funds. Not low enough that I couldn't go get a saw or 2, but far lower than I would like.

Sorry to hear about this.
Squish is right, get proactive.
Phone up some mates in the industry to see if they've got a topper you can borrow, most of us have a spare or two.
And/or get on to your Stihl agent and get one and a ground saw on credit or with a down payment. This is where using your local dealer over the years pays dividends.

Don't wallow, fight back.

You're absolutely right. I've been so fuckin bummed since Friday I been kinda chillin more than normal. Not my normal style. Typically if I have an issue that needs fixed I prefer to go at it head on 110%. I need to get the F over it and just do what I gotta do to get back to business as usual.

What is super weird is they left a 261, that oddly enough doesn't work worth a shit. I volunteered to do a job for the local school in our small community and somebody put it under the wheel behind my trailer. You can imagine where it went from there..... I replaced a bunch of parts and thought should be good to go. Still not oiling worth a shit. But it looks better than pretty much all the other saws. It wasn't quite as visually obvious I guess....

They also left the big boy Stihl back pack blower. If I remember correctly, that thing is worth damn near $700.

All kinds of other shit. Big ass silky pole saw. New Treemotion, helmets, tools, all kinda rigging, drills, jumper boxes, etc.....

Weird deal. Wish I could just quit thinking about it.

Kinda changes things for me forever. Looking at things differently now...

Sounds like they took all they had room for, or possibly interrupted mid-theft.

Yeah, it will defiantly knock you off your even keel, that is to be expected. You'll be back to normal before too long. Huge pita but frequently the only answer is to take the saws home every night

Kinda changes things for me forever. Looking at things differently now...

Idk how old you are nor how much general experience you have but this business, perhaps many or most businesses) will show you exactly what is out there on the other side of the fence.

I went through that a year ago, $9500 in gear. They left the oldest rope and took everything else. Sorry man, get back in the sale

I'm 32. Been round lotta shit for my years. Prior to this wouldn't have said I was real naive. Changing my perception of myself a bit after this. I was WAY WAY to laid back about this stuff. Will damn sure to everything I can to never have to deal with this shit again. Learning experiences=1.make sure insurance is as good as my rep tells me it is.
2. Be more serious about security.

It won't be long before I have security systems/cameras in a few locations.

This didn't happen at home but gonna step up the safety/security factor around here too.

In reality it's been too easy for people to steal lots of very valuable shit from me for a long time.

I went through that a year ago, $9500 in gear. They left the oldest rope and took everything else. Sorry man, get back in the sale

Damn. That sucks. I know a lot of tree guys/companies have had bad shit like this happen. My dumbass just kinda thought that'd never happen to me. Didn't think that would happen where we are. Like I said, I'm a dumbass. But, I'm learning...

That sucks man.

Mick is right, get back after it. I forget who said it, maybe Cory, but it makes you want to pile up all your gear at the end of the day and lay on it like a dragon. . .

Noting worse than a damn thief. Good luck getting back at it.

We live in a quiet area, but had a rash of robberies a while back. The cops were none too helpful.

Folks really are on their own when it comes to their belongings. I am not sure what a person can do to completely protect themselves, aside from armed guards, dogs and a asshole proof fence.

Good luck.

Didn't think that would happen where we are..

I park my trucks a quarter mile from an extremely exclusive neighborhood. Doesn't matter, been hit 4 times in the last 20 years.

Ian, how did they get into the boxes?

Sounds like they might have been out of their minds on drugs looking for some quick cash... maybe you can catch your saws at a local pawn shop / craigslist?

. I am not sure what a person can do to completely protect themselves, aside from armed guards, dogs and a asshole proof fence.

Good luck.

Big dogs are the thing!

I live 2 miles from the biggest refugee camp in Denmark, at the end of a quarter mile private dirt road.

Without the dogs I'd be robbed of everything I own by now, since the stupid laws here prevent you from shooting muslim intruders.

No law against letting your dog tear them a new a-hole, though.:D

Dogs are great, even if they don't maim intruders they can at least wake you up.

Ah crap, hope you can recover sooner than later. I have a security cable inside my toolbox, and I lock my valuables within the locked box. Don't know if it would help, but makes me feel better.

Insurance companies are just as big of crooks. Theft coverage should cover anything, even if it's left in plain sight. Having to double lock and have video proof is a joke. One thing I enjoy about my area is that we all keep an eye on each other and the police write traffic tickets. I have no knowledge of what happened to the guy that stole from me and my neighbors 15 years ago. I know that I got my stuff back and an apology letter. Most disputes are handled this way. If you call the cops on your nieghbor you get shunned. We're kinda like the Amish but we get to watch TV

Back